Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Female pattern baldness  (Read 2606 times)

dahliagirl

Female pattern baldness
« on: June 07, 2017, 03:26:29 PM »

I must admit this is something that worries me a lot  :-\  It is one of those unspoken things, like  VA, but unfortunately it is all too visible.

At the moment my hair is crappy, but it is all there (I think).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40118058

MicheleMaBelle

Re: Female pattern baldness
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 04:05:33 PM »

Something else to fret about! Must admit a few years back, I thought my hairline was receding. Hair is not what it once was though. Seems dryer and finer. Crickey, I do hope it doesn't get worse >:(

Katia

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 06:38:15 PM »

Mine too. It's thinned over the last few years. It was lovely and moist at the weekend, but dried within a day of changing from the pill to HRT I'm hoping it will settle again as I'd like the HRT to work. I read it's superior to the pill, but I'm not sure it is for me

Tinkerbell

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 06:48:37 PM »

My mother in law had it quite bad, she receded badly.

Marie62

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 10:53:37 AM »

I've been on and off HRT for the last year and my hair is rapidly thinning at the sides and temples,I'm presently on Kliovance but thinking of coming off it as it's not helping with my anxiety and low moods and I'm pretty sure it's caused the hair loss. I have to be careful with any medication now as about 15 years ago I took a course of omeprozale for a stomach complaint then about 3 months later half my hair fell out, it came out in huge handfuls when I washed it but gradually grew back but never as thick as it had been.
I was lucky in the fact I had extremely thick hair. always hated it as it was so coarse and wiry, couldn't get a comb through it and wished I had thinner hair, be careful what you wish for!!!!
It was growing back ok ish but would always loose a lot in the autumn for some reason but now it's got bad again, can only be the hrt as I'm on no other medication, or maybe it's the menopause and I would have lost it anyway,it's so distressing I feel bad enough with the anxiety and mood swings without this as well.

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 11:38:06 AM »

Marie62

I've posted on your other thread about the androgenic effects (hair loss) caused by some progestogens - including the one in Kliovance.

Hurdity x

Marie62

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 12:00:42 PM »

Thanks Hurdity you've been a great help x

dahliagirl

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 02:02:06 PM »

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,35293.0.html

I am linking to the Crappy Hair thread for people to get ideas for looking after their hair.

My  hair is long and curly.  It has always shed in handfuls when I wash it, but I wonder if it grows back quite as well.  I keep looking in the mirror and wondering if I can see my scalp because it is greying, or because there is less of it.

I am a bit vain really  :whist: