News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Shaky  (Read 9029 times)

NettyJay

Shaky
« on: June 06, 2017, 12:14:27 PM »

I haven't had a period for almost a year. I have bouts of feeling fine - really well, and then I get a relapse and think, crikey I must be ill, then I weigh up my symptoms and think... Oh, menopause! I have badly aching joints, which really upsets my Nordic walking hobby, and I feel shaky and hormonal. My joints are terrible!! From knuckles to elbows. I feel 90. But then it goes. Today I feel very weak, shaky and emotional. Looking to get some good alternative supplements. Do any of you feel weak/shaky? If so, what do you take? Thank you!

Cazikins

Re: Shaky
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 12:53:45 PM »

Hi NettyJay &  :welcomemm:

It does all sound familiar to me I'm afraid but you have found the best place to be for help & re-assurance.

We have a section for alternative therapies that might be of interest to you:
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,17.0.html

Cazikins x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 01:50:43 PM »

Yep for me it's when I don't eat properly.  Browse round.  Make notes!

As oestrogen levels drop the muscles may become lax = aches and pains, also the skin : inside and out  :o : may become dry so look out for vaginal atrophy which presents as repeated urine infection-type symptoms.  Do a search for those topics too!

DaisyB

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 04:34:26 PM »

NettyJ - as I type this my hands are shaky. The girls on this forum have helped to normalise most of what I have been experiencing. I'm getting B12 checked and thyroid is on low side still - all linked I'm afraid. Keep posting and browsing the girls here are amazing.

DaisyB Xx

NettyJay

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 06:43:38 PM »

Thanks everyone - this forum is pretty amazing. I also get very stressed and I do need to relax more. Have decided to stop drinking alcohol as it makes everything a 100 times worse, after it's made me feel better (Haha!)

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 10:10:44 PM »

Some ladies find that they can no longer tolerate any alcohol at The Change.

Some find it useful to make a mood/food/symtpom diary to chart progress

DaisyB

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 11:47:45 PM »

I had two bad episodes in last two weeks - both followed within 24 hrs of drinking wine - this could be totally coincidental (I live in hope  ;) ) as other things may have also triggered. But now I am literally afraid to try another glass!!

Although i will likely be attempting again - for research purposes off course  :D

[/size][size=78%]DaisyB x [/size]

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2017, 09:00:29 AM »

Hi Nettyjay

When do you feel weak and shaky? is it after exercise or a long time after food? You say you haven't had a period for almost a year but could a period be on its way - perhaps there are other signs?

Otherwise - if it continues then do go to the doctor who should suggest blood tests to look at thyroid, blood sugar etc amongst other things.

re the alcohol - how much are you drinking? Most definitely tolerance to alcohol changes leading up to and post-menopause. That was the first thing I noticed before I even became peri-menopausal, wine especially. I can drink it now but have to be careful eg at least as much water as wine ( usually much more) and not usually after 9 pm otherwise a migraine might ensue. G & T early on, wine with a meal, Pimms and beer are fine :) (sound like a right alchy don't I!)

You might need to have a look at your diet - for instance if you have a lot of sugar this can lead to spikes and dips which can cause shakiness. I only get shaky when I get an episode of hypoglycaemia - when my blood sugar drops very rapidly though not to dangerous levels as I am not diabetic. Then I have visible trembling and copious sweating, have to sit down and stuff myself with sugary foods! Fortunately doesn't happen often as I make sure my diet contains slow release foods and I eat well before exercise classes etc.

Hurdity x

DaisyB

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2017, 04:49:56 PM »

NJ - some of my posts detail the shakiness - it's horrible and frightening. Starts on the inside like a jittery feeling all over then I start to feel it my hands and feet - it's not related to blood sugar - but def the hormones.

DaisyB x

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2017, 04:59:08 PM »

I find that adrenaline surges are like hot water coursing through my veins  :o really freaked me until I realised what the sensations are due to.

Kathleen

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2017, 06:21:03 PM »

Hello ladies.

I am having a quivery and shaky episode as we speak! I hate it as it causes me to feel  anxious ( or does the anxiety cause the shakes ?). Definitely hormonal as it usually follows a period of feeling calm and optimistic! 
I hate the rollercoaster nature of this time in our lives.

Sending hugs to everyone experiencing these horrible feelings. At  least we have each other ladies.

Wishing you all well.

K.

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2017, 08:38:22 PM »

Hello Netty Jay, I also get shaky, trembling feeling & along with it feel hot to point of sweating, tend to have episodes nearly every day. What's worse is if a have an episode while out walking & usually forget to take a healthy snack with me.  I presume it's due to low blood sugar, GP has in the past ran a battery of blood tests but nothing has ever showed up.

Cazikins

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2017, 09:40:32 AM »

I get hand tremors (doc calls them benign essential tremors) & I have been on 20mg propanolol (beta blockers) which stops it.
I think my shakes are caused by anxiety/panic attacks.
Hope it settles down for you NettyJay & all the other ladies who get them.

Cazi x

Marie62

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2017, 10:09:09 AM »

Yep get the shakes as well worse in the mornings and when I get hungry. It's horrible just feels like too much adrenaline in my system. I eat bananas and hard boiled eggs as a snack helps a little bit. I can feel my legs shaking when I walk down stairs I hate it!!
Eating little and often seems to be best as I didn't eat much one day last week and felt really jittery and low but felt a bit better after a good meal.

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2017, 07:23:52 PM »

Sparkle glad it's not only me, have you tried the Nakd nibbles? They are brilliant, you can buy individual bags or boxes of 4, I rather love the salted caramel ones, oh & they are one of your five a day!!
Pages: [1] 2