Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Newbie needing advice  (Read 2307 times)

Cooper15

Newbie needing advice
« on: May 29, 2017, 05:02:42 PM »

Hi all

I take cerazette and for several months been peri menopause.  My worst symptom is the total exhaustion I feel every day.

I am on month 2 of evorel conti and have not felt any difference.

Has anybody had similar experience?

I am 48.

Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Newbie needing advice
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 06:08:01 PM »

:welcomemm:  have a look round and make notes.  Crashing fatigue is awful! 

Cooper15

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 06:18:34 PM »

Thank you x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 08:04:32 PM »

Maybe put the product name into the search box on here to see if there are other threads?  Also, it is suggested that 1 uses it for 3-4 months to see if there is any relief.  Hormones rarely get where they 'are' in a hurry so it can take a while for the body to up-load what ever is prescribed.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 03:38:12 PM »

Hi Cooper15

:welcomemm:

Evorel conti is a continuous combined HRT type designed for women who are post-menopausal ie without a period for 12 month. As you were on the mini pill then presumably your periods had stopped but you could still be peri-menopausal.

Some women find that continuous progestogens ( like in Evorel conti) give rise to continuous side effects - progestogens do have a sedative effect - perhaps you were feeling like this on the Cerazette?

Did you have blood tests before starting HRT to rule out other reasons for your fatigue eg vitmain/iron deficiencies, thyroid function etc? If not do go back to the doc and explain you are still experiencing fatigue.

In your position I would think about trying a cyclical HRT which would give you a withdrawal bleed - if you can cope with this - and see how you feel on the progestogen only part of the HRT (once the progestogen has left the system).

Did you get other symptoms like flushes and sweats and if so have these disappeared?

Hurdity x

Cooper15

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 04:29:09 PM »

Hi

I was having periods but the mini pill stopped them.  Just in perimenopause having hot flashes, rages that are hard to control. Dr gave me sertraline which helped night sweats and rages but struggling with the tiredness.

Had all blood tests etc to rule out anything else.

Had this patch for 2 months with no benefits so beginning to lose hope. X

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 04:52:15 PM »

Sorry to hear this Cooper15. Your doc should not have given you Sertraline for menopausal symptoms before HRT -  but of course if you had the mini pill it was not possible to diagnose you on the basis of your cycle. In your position I would stop the sertraline and start a continuous combined HRT so that you are not taking progestogens every day - since you are still peri-menopausal. This means you will have a bleed but may well help with the tiredness. If it does not then the next step is to try oestrogen and progesterone separately ( or try a higher dose combi HRT). All the preparations are listed under Treatments. Evorel sequi is the cyclical equivalent of the one you are on , or there is Femseven sequi. Alterntaively you might prefer a tablet eg Femoston which is well tolerated. For a higher dose then separate oestrogen patches can be obtained right up to 100 mcg - along with either progesterone itself ( Utrogestan) or Provera.

Good luck and let us know what you decide!

Hurdity x