Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: femoston conti  (Read 1811 times)

lynntina

femoston conti
« on: May 29, 2017, 08:40:50 AM »

Good morning ladies, I'm wondering if I should be having a bleed after first month of this HRT. I still have my womb. Any advice would be appreciated.

Cazikins

Re: femoston conti
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 02:21:35 PM »

Hi & welcome to the forum lynntina,
I have found this which might help with your question as femoston conti comes under this section. Th full information can be found here:
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/postmeno.php

"POST MENOPAUSAL -
Continuous combined therapies.

"Period free" or continuous combined therapy can be used by women who are 54 + yrs, or more than 1 yr post menopausal at any age. The criteria should be fulfilled in order to offer such treatment to women who no longer have a continuing ovarian cycle, so that steady levels of both estrogen and progestogen can be achieved. When there are steady levels of estrogen and progestogen from daily administration of both, the womb lining stays thin. Although some bleeding in the first 6 months of therapy is common, there should not be bleeding after that and the lining does not go through the stages of stimulation and then shedding as it does during a normal cycle and with sequential therapy. Start with low dose preparations and increase as necessary for symptom control. The products marked * are licensed for osteoporosis treatment/prevention."

It sounds like it is common to have some bleeding in the first 6 months so try not to be worried too much.
Hope this has helped a bit.
Cazikins x

Greyhoundgal

Re: femoston conti
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 12:18:02 PM »

Hi lynntina

When I changed from Femoston sequential to the conti my nurse told me it was possible to have a bleed at the end of the first pack.  She did say that if kept happening to go back and see her but I only ever did have the one and it hardly lasted any time at all.