Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Elleste dose  (Read 1223 times)

goosegog08

Elleste dose
« on: May 22, 2017, 04:01:23 PM »

Well hi ! It's my first time posing so here I go and hopefully I can get some advice ? 
I started HRT Elleste duo 1mg/ 1mg and did well until mth 3 when I got full on PMS symptoms like I had pre HRT( anger, irritable, low mood etc) . Started on 2mgs Elleste duo and am on mth 2 of that . I feel worse on the 2mgs of Oestrogen ( really flat, tearful, anxious upset stomach migraines) than I did on 1mg but better on the 2mgs of Progesterone than I felt on the 1mg??!!! Does this make sense ? Feel love me I'm going mad . Do I give it more time?  :o

Lanzalover

Re: Elleste dose
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 05:02:36 PM »

Hi goosegog08

Welcome to the forum I don't know enough about HRT to offer any advice but I'm sure someone will be along to help.

Lanzalover x

Hurdity

Re: Elleste dose
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 08:51:44 PM »

Hi goosegog08

:welcomemm: from me too.

I am a bit puzzled by what you are saying as the progestogen dose in 1 mg and 2 mg Elleste Duet is the same ie 1 mg norethisterone  ???

How old are you are where in menopause? If you are peri-menopausal then you may well get some pms due to your own hormonal cycle kicking in and overriding the hRT hormones.  Some women also find that  this particular progestogen makes pms worse. Also most women feel some pms when they change back from the combi tabs to the oestrogen only ones for a few days - this is progesterone withdrawal and like normal pms - should clear when it has left your system hopefully.

Yes three months is supposed to be the minimum time to try out an HRT type but in your case depending on your age and stage and increase in dose might not have been the answer - instead - a different preparation. What symptoms led you to try HRT?

Maybe try a different tablet eg Femoston which is better tolerated by many women? You will still get some cyclical side effects as you would expect but hopefully not so severe as with Elleste?

Hurdity x