Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: New Members - don't be upset!  (Read 6672 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
New Members - don't be upset!
« on: May 22, 2017, 12:02:01 PM »

I note that Wrensong's recent thread has been locked without explanation  :-\ - just as it was getting going  ;)

New Members lurking or already here  -   all Forums have ups and downs but in general, we are supportive to others having symptoms and are happy to discuss and share experiences. That way any lady can pick and choose what is appropriate to try according to how she feels, her medical history and current medication.  HRT may suit some but not others.  Some ladies find that 'alternatives' help initially but when their own hormones start playing up, benefits are over-run  ::).  Some ladies find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful as when well, I 4 one, forget how awful I can feel. 

Drop by.  Ask.  Do NOT be put off by the odd spat ;-).

Mbrown001

Re: New Members - don't be upset!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 12:04:38 PM »

:thankyou:

Mrs Brown

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 12:05:46 PM »

:foryou:

Elizabethrose

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 05:17:17 PM »

What a sensible post CLKD, well done you! I totally agree, I'm afraid I was unable to add a comment as the thread had been locked. x

babyjane

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 05:56:35 PM »

, I'm afraid I was unable to add a comment as the thread had been locked. x

probably for the best as some members have left because of the atmosphere on the forum and the thread seemed to have got a bit out of control.  this isn't what the forum is about, causing members to feel uncomfortable and leave  :(

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 09:42:10 PM »

no stamina  ;) ........ take what is required and use as appropriate   8)

cubagirl

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 09:50:33 PM »

We are a nice bunch really newbies.   :)

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2017, 09:51:22 PM »

I only bite when there's a 'y' in the day  ;)

br350

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 12:01:38 AM »

I will say I've been a member of a few meno groups/forums, and there are inevitably some heated exchanges from time to time. It's seems virtually unavoidable.

The whole topic of menopause and hormones  - to use or not to use, how serious/valid the risks are, what the 'best' way is to approach menopause - well, lets put it this way: it can be a powder keg for strong opinions and feelings.

If I see a thread anywhere that seems to be going 'off the rails', I just leave it and don't engage. My life has enough stress without coming to a support group, only to be caught up in, yet, more tension! I say use your own best judgment when it comes to heated threads.

That being said, isn't this where moderators should get involved as well? Before it gets so bad, people feel it's best to leave the forum altogether? 
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 12:03:13 AM by TovahFell »

babyjane

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2017, 09:17:35 AM »

you are correct and perhaps that is why the thread was locked so it didn't go any further.  :)

Wrensong

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2017, 10:07:53 AM »

I understand that a wise member asked for the thread to be locked & tbh I was relieved, as I couldn't bear to see the upset it was causing.  I'm really sorry some members left as a result of the way the thread took on a life of its own & hope if they are still readers, they might rejoin in time.  Though I gained so much from following the forum for a long time before joining, these days I worry about posting & as a result have spent far less time browsing & now feel out of touch with everyone.  I have a lot of respect for long-standing members who have contributed so much over the years & several days on from the rumpus, still feel upset that anyone's feelings should have been hurt as a result of a question I had no idea would turn out to be contentious.

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2017, 03:00:48 PM »

Take what is required for 'you' and ditch the rest, regardless of how opinionated others seem  ;) ....... the written word is static so issues aren't always clear. 

breeze

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2017, 04:21:09 PM »

I must admit I have blocked a couple of members, so that I don't see their posts.

It saves an awful lot of stress.  If they want to argue with me, it's a very one sided affair. ;)

Wrensong

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2017, 04:21:33 PM »

Thank you CLKD - that's sensible advice.

Sparkle - you are always so kind & encouraging to everyone, thank you.  :)