Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Newgirl  (Read 2640 times)

Bootz8389

Newgirl
« on: May 15, 2017, 03:50:39 PM »

Hello everyone, this is my first post and so I will tell you a bit about myself.

I am 46 and I have realised that I have probably been experiencing peri menopause symptoms for months if not years, but I have only just decided to try and deal with it.

I have anxiety, depression, hot flushes, excruciating tiredness, dizzy, sick, crying (for barely any reasons sometimes!), unreal anger (I am the most laid back person you will ever meet!), weight gain, headaches and the list goes on...

On Friday just gone, I went to see my gp and she has prescribed Femoton 1/10 which I have started taking.  I have noticed already that I feel less anxious and the tiredness has disappeared too...so I am hoping that this might help.  On the downside two days in I have thrush!!  A side effect I believe..

Anyway, I joined you guys as I think it is good to share and hopefully help each other along the way.  Thank you for having me.

:)

dazned

Re: Newgirl
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 03:52:12 PM »

Hi big  :welcomemm:

Glad to have you on board !

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 03:53:29 PM »

:welcomemm: from me too! 

Peroxideblader

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 07:02:18 PM »

Hello there..will you keep me posted how you get on femoston it sounds good so far..that's the one I may be starting...I didn't know thrush was a common side effect of hrt..is that just when you start??

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 07:12:06 PM »

Hi ya and welcome x

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 07:23:38 PM »

Had to dash earlier.

re; thrush - I swear by LIVE Greek yoghurt, eaten and applied  ;) as well as no knickers.

As oestrogen levels drop off so muscles may become lax = aches and pains and skin may become dry, including vagina, eyes, ears, nostrils .....

Crashing fatigue is common.  It does pass.  Keeping hydrated as well as gentle exercise is good when we can manage it. Nausea can be due to the body not having enough input so eating little and often can ease symptoms.

Dottyaboutdurham

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 12:42:08 PM »

Hi and welcome to the forum,

I joined a couple of weeks ago and everyone is friendly and very helpful.

I seem to have had many of the things you mentioned too ! They come and go and it helps to find distractions and share your thoughts with others. I am about to start some low dose HRT after numerous trips to the doctors since March ( did start off on medium/high dose but did not agree with me....mind you nothing 'agrees' with me the moods I get in ...ha ha !!!)
Gather from GP and reading members posts that it can be a bit trial and error at first when taking medication for HRT, but keep 'asking and trying' !

Hugs
Dotty x

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 03:03:20 PM »

Hi Bootz8389

:welcomemm:

Hurdity x

Bootz8389

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 03:12:16 PM »

Hi, yes of course I will keep you posted, its says in the paperwork about thrush and so I presume I am one of the 1/10 that has got it!! LOL :)

So still feeling better, not as tired during the day and the dizzy stuff has stopped, but my word the hot flushes today have been really bad today....like someone is pouring hot treacle all over my head  :-\

I have also started taking vitamin d and some feroglobin b12 this week.  Drinking lots of peppermint & liquorice tea (i forgot to mention about the heartburn!!) keep me hydrated! 

So far I feel much better...but its early days I guess.  Anything is better than how I felt before though!

Lovely to meet you all.  :)

babyjane

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2017, 03:21:13 PM »

:welcomemm:

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2017, 04:22:25 PM »

As oestrogen levels drop the muscles may become lax = aches and pains as well as hiatus hernia  :( hence the heartburn/reflux.  I try not to eat/drink too close to bedtime as it starts as soon as I lay down or I wake with chest pain due to indigestion.

Woo50

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2017, 07:11:21 PM »

Have you seen your GP about your reflux? I got desperate and went back and forth to them, eventually got diagnosed with a hiatus hernia and am taking Omeprazole which has improved my life by about 98%. This is definitely not something we have to grin and bear.

Bootz8389

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2017, 10:56:50 AM »

Hi Woo, no I haven't seen the GP I have had it for years and years and so I have kind of got used to what I can and can't eat.  It has got worse just recently though and so I presumed it was part of the symptoms!  I guess I should get it checked out properly really !

Still feeling good ...not hot flushes so far today! Thankfully :)