Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Facial skin changes  (Read 6388 times)

Sadie49

Facial skin changes
« on: May 14, 2017, 01:19:55 PM »

Greetings to my fellow meno friends! I have another question that some folk maybe able to help me with.

Over recent years (I began the MP around 52 and am now 67) I have noticed the drying out of my skin generally but specifically on my face. I can literally swathe it in top quality face cream but the next day it sill feels like a tarmac surface!

Thankfully, quality foundation covers most of the uneven skin tone, but I hate running my fingers over my face and feeling the dry, almost scale-like texture of it.

I've tried so many facial creams with the promise that with regular use skin will be rejuvenated but not with mine, is seems!

I imagine the scaly texture is due to the lack of that female hormone which helps to keep our skins plump and youthful??....I just wondered if a member has tried a hormone cream which has helped their condition? Or is it just MY condition??? lol!

Any helps very much appreciated.

Kind regards,
xxx

Annie0710

Re: Facial skin changes
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 01:27:34 PM »

Try overnight hydration cream, the one I use is by Espy I think.  I have got very dry patches on my skin that even a primer before any tinted cream doesn't stop it clumping in the difficult areas but when I put the night hydration cream on before bed it lessens it a lot x

babyjane

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 04:56:33 PM »

Hiya, I can't use cosmetics in general, my facial skin reacts to the chemicals and additives in them, even the 'gentle' and 'hypoallergenic' ones.  The one thing that helps my skin is pur organic cold pressed moroccan argan oil, my hair likes it too.  I also cleanse with Green People gentle unscented cleanser and y facial skin is as good as it is going to be but no longer feels like a cheese grater.  My hands also drink up anything I give them, they are very dry especially the ends of my fingers.

Mbrown001

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 07:01:44 PM »

I have very dry sensitive skin and most of the expensive skin creams cause all sorts of outbreaks.
The oatmeal skin cream called Aveeno has really helped me. I alternate between that and E 45. As long as I can put something on that makes things soft then I really don't care if it's cheap or expensive.

It's such a depressing thing to have sore and dried up skin.

Mrs Brown

flutterby

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 09:35:40 PM »

Hi Sadie have you tried anything from the Nuture range. I'm 64 and as soon as I stopped HRT my skin became dry and I could see lines appearing when I smiled. I started to use the day and night crams and was absolutely amazed by the difference. Smooth and hydrated skin. I now also use the replenishing serum as well. If you Google Healthspan, they are their products. I reckon the cost probably averages out around £15 a month, less with their offers Flutterbyx

Bane

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 10:11:17 AM »

It horrible to have sore skin and my skin reacts to almost everything, I use organic creams  with no artificial preservatives before bed and it helps me to minimize.

br350

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 03:29:39 PM »

I've been using Retin-A (tretinoin gel/cream) which is prescription for about 10 years.  Amazing effects on the skin.  It is really unparalleled for providing good texture, tone and long-term exfoliation.  It helps the skin boost collagen as well.  I used it for a long while in my 20's for cystic acne and it helped me so much the, too.  Can't recommend it enough.   It is available as generic now too, and a tube lasts a very long time.  Just my two cents.  :)

samweller161

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 10:35:52 AM »

L'oreal do a facial oil which I find quite good?  I only use it at night about twice a week and it seems to help - and its only about £10

Sweet almond oil for body lotion - can buy it from ebay or amazon by the litre !

SP x

Annika

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2017, 07:36:24 PM »

Hi  Sadie... I too had the same problem and tried everything, gave up using soap on my face entirely and it was still dry and scaly texture. Tried coconut oil,the best face creams,olive oil you name it I tried it. Anyway about a month ago I was so frustrated I bought a tube of Cortizone10 for Eczema I believe the active ingredient is Hydrocortizone 1% and used that on my face. Sometimes you have those moments that are "life changing" well this was one of those moments...my face is back to the way it used to be, really soft and absolutely no dryness. I'm  not sure if you can get this product in the UK or maybe try Amazon I hope you can its not expensive.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2017, 01:04:29 PM »

Sent by our US friend, Trey :

Hydrocortisone used frequently is really bad.  Really, really bad.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4228634/#!po=26.1905

In addition, when I had breast disease and was given hydorcortison cream for the area that underwent radiation threatment, I was told to use it for 3 days only - a small amount 3 times a day on the burnt area and then throw the tube away  :poke2:

babyjane

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2017, 01:56:19 PM »

what's the best thing to do for the layer of fine white hair that is on my face?  Close up it looks like a very fine beard about a quarter of an inch all over, too much to pluck out and not the same texture as the coarse chin whiskers  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2017, 01:57:24 PM »

I'm leaving mine ........ it's like soft kitten fur ;-)

babyjane

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2017, 01:59:01 PM »

do you think others notice it and are too polite to say, or is it just me  ::)

babyjane

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2017, 03:56:57 PM »

phew, that's a relief.  See, I was fretting, now I'm not.  3 cheers for MM  :)

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2017, 10:04:20 PM »

Himself tells me that he doesn't notice and he is the ONLY person allowed that close  ;) !  It's not a problem although the dark, long hairs are: I measured one on Thursday, it was 2" from the side of my cheek and ouch when I pulled it  :-\
Pages: [1] 2