Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24

Author Topic: The Road Less Travelled  (Read 78968 times)

edelweiss

Re: The Road Less Travelled
« Reply #195 on: May 21, 2017, 01:27:11 PM »

Hi Michele, I know you don't get on with the utrogestan, but do you feel good (or better) when you are taking only the oestrogel? Just wanted to clarify as I couldn't tell from your post. xxx

Annie0710

« Reply #196 on: May 21, 2017, 01:38:42 PM »

Hi I'm useless at all this but could it be the oestrogel ? Is it worth trying a different way to get it? Patch or pill form ? I'm thinking the itching could be either low oestrogen or allergy x

babyjane

« Reply #197 on: May 21, 2017, 02:11:58 PM »

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #198 on: May 21, 2017, 02:16:55 PM »

Thanks ladies for your hugs and comments.
Edelweiss- I do feel a bit better just on the gel ( good would be pushing it) but still get the rashes ( although not as bad as when I add the utrogestan into the mix). Mood is still low though but again not as bad as when I'm on the combined therapy. X

Tempest

« Reply #199 on: May 21, 2017, 03:16:36 PM »

Phew! Michelle, sending you biggest hugs! You really are having a time of it! I know you're seeing Dr. Perera?

From one who is ovary less and no HRT, I can say that I have moments (and I literally mean moments) of normality off hormones and then it's like I go barking mad for several hours - mainly crazy, off the scale doom and anxiety and panic attacks.

It's hard to know what to do, isn't it?

So - whilst I'm having a moment of sanity, I'm wondering if it's the Estrogel that could be the problem. Have you had levels checked to see if you're absorbing? Are you using the Oestrodose 'brand'? There have been a couple of ladies (me included) who developed a rash on this particular one - it's a repackaged bulk product for cheapness and in my opinion (and that of a couple of others), not the same as the original Estrogel (it's even runnier in consistency).

The Utro. seems to be problematic for a good few ladies - and maybe Prog. in general for you. Is this why your Consultant suggested the big H for you? xxxxx

edelweiss

« Reply #200 on: May 21, 2017, 03:38:25 PM »

Hi Michele, thanks for explaining that. Here's my take on it...

I think you need to see a doctor about the rash. It doesn't sound right and none of us know what's causing it. It would be wrong to try and guess.

I'd agree with others who suggest testing your blood levels of E2 estradiol.
If they are on the low side (sub 200-250 pool/l) you will feel bad.
And you should consult a doctor about why they are low, and how to get them up.
As you appear not to tolerate progesterone well, and may have some sort of reaction to transdermal/gel, perhaps a oestrogen only tablet, plus separate utrogestan would suit you better.

But please see a trained medic to get the right option for you. 

I hope you find a solution soon.

Much love to you xxx

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #201 on: May 21, 2017, 04:38:31 PM »

thanks ladies.yes, it's oestrodose I've been given although Dr Perera prescribed Oestrogel.
I'm quite literally wiped out and start CBT organised by my work tomorrow.I've been off work now for 4 months now and was before in 2015.This time found it seems much worse.
I've never had my hormone levels checked- maybe it's time as I'm about to go dolally.

I've also got a follow up with the triage co-ordinator for my works long term disability insurance - that'll be a laugh.i can barely remember my name!

On recent holiday, treated myself to some new Jo Malone perfume at airport.Took it into toilet , one spray and then left behind ( yeah, hope it smells rotten on you you light fingered trollope) ,lost my keycard within half an hour of joining the ship, made myself sick by drinking two gin and tonics ( who knew? ) and spent the next twelve nights wandering the corridors as I couldn't remember cabin number. Add to that the DHs snoring, made worse by a cold and my Carribean inspired wardrobe ( err, sorry...they don't call it the Baltic for nothing, I must have confused it with Bermuda)
Nevertheless,  I cut a particularly fine figure with my cropped trousers, line shirts, sandals and...husbands socks
i also bought a bobble hat for good measure! 
I'm full of the joys today!  ???

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #202 on: May 21, 2017, 04:48:18 PM »

and I can't spell.Used to be able two but stoopud blidy protective sex! ( predictive text! ) >:(

edelweiss

« Reply #203 on: May 21, 2017, 05:40:50 PM »

Aw Michele - I really feel for you! I sympathise with all of that (I'm the same - if I can't see something I don't think about it at the moment) and the work problems too - nightmare total nightmare.

But you did make me smile and that's about the hardest thing to do at the moment so THANK YOU and I hope your blood tests reveal a reason that you're feeling rotten and you can fix it pronto. Wishing you the VERY best of luck and loads of love xxx

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #204 on: May 21, 2017, 05:51:52 PM »

Thanks Edleweiss  :party09:

Tempest

« Reply #205 on: May 21, 2017, 07:26:48 PM »

Hello troops! :)

So what have you got planned for the week ahead? Yet again, I have a fun packed (ha ha) stress filled week ahead.

Psychiatrist tomorrow at 12.10. Chasing the various private Consultants I've contacted,  and facing GP Of Doom for a showdown on Tuesday. I never remember life being like this before the bl##dy menopause showed up. What happened to fun, frivolous stuff? :o

(Sorry - whining over).......xxxxx

Annie0710

« Reply #206 on: May 21, 2017, 08:42:29 PM »

Good luck with your appts Tempest

I have work first 2 days, babysitting next 2 days, and Friday free whoop

I have ENT next month, sinus and ears still not good

Tesco delivered my shopping Friday and I couldn't hear what the lad was saying, god knows what I was nodding to lol x

Annie0710

« Reply #207 on: May 21, 2017, 09:43:35 PM »

I had sinus problems age 18-19 when my parents bought a new house right next to a rape field, man I was ill but had no idea what was causing it and dr was saying he'd drain the sinus', I panicked at the thought so didn't go back, then when I moved out the sinus pain went!

I've had it on and off since then but nothing like I did at Xmas and since then and the 2 burst ear drums, it's just not been right with sinus and ears, I don't know what the answer will be

Ooh I'll get my bikini out and blow the cobwebs off for Friday :-)

Annie0710

« Reply #208 on: May 21, 2017, 10:17:58 PM »

It started NYE, but I'd been off colour from Xmas night

Not sure what they can or will do.  Consultant is a bit abrupt but seems good

Butterfly22

« Reply #209 on: May 22, 2017, 07:37:52 AM »

Well hope you can get somewhere as must be awful especially on top of everything else xxx
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24