Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24

Author Topic: The Road Less Travelled  (Read 78951 times)

Butterfly22

Re: The Road Less Travelled
« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2017, 12:44:57 PM »

I'm starting to feel pants today, I can tell my body needs HRT as headaches coming on, feel so tired, hot flushes and skin looks horrible.
Why is HRT not just a simple solution for me 🙁 I really feel like a odd ball sometimes.
Think it's a case I'm dammed if I do and dammed if I don't xx

Tempest

« Reply #121 on: May 19, 2017, 01:00:59 PM »

Maybe because it's not an approved treatment.......(naughty, Tempest)!  ;) ;) xxxxx

Annie0710

« Reply #122 on: May 19, 2017, 01:13:06 PM »

I'm starting to feel pants today, I can tell my body needs HRT as headaches coming on, feel so tired, hot flushes and skin looks horrible.
Why is HRT not just a simple solution for me 🙁 I really feel like a odd ball sometimes.

If you did well on premique have you thought of others with the prefix Prem ? Sadly for many it's trial and error :-(

X

Annie0710

« Reply #123 on: May 19, 2017, 01:14:08 PM »

Maybe because it's not an approved treatment.......(naughty, Tempest)!  ;) ;) xxxxx

Naughty but nice  ;D xx

babyjane

« Reply #124 on: May 19, 2017, 01:28:39 PM »

put it in the funny room edelweiss?  I thought it was clever  :)

Butterfly22

« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2017, 01:33:07 PM »

If you did well on premique have you thought of others with the prefix Prem ? Sadly for many it's trial and error :-(

X

Hi thanks for reply, yes I have, brought on funny vision like migraines I stopped but doctor said no good as a few have brought migraines on 🙁
I'll just keep trying until I get there again think I just feel fed up today. Xxx

Annie0710

« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2017, 01:40:40 PM »

Bless you Lil, it really does  get to you doesn't it? Hopefully the forum will lead you to your best combo of hrt so that you can at least feel ok, I'm happy with ok, good is a lovely bonus some days x

Butterfly22

« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2017, 01:45:16 PM »

Yes ok would be good haha. Ah and thank you xxx

edelweiss

« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2017, 02:25:34 PM »

I deleted the choc px suddenly didn't seem so funny this morning  :) xxx

dangermouse

« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2017, 02:29:38 PM »

It's probably your own cycle which will be more volatile in perimenopause. HRT at one point in the month will balance you perfectly but at another point it will either be inadequate or too strong. The key is finding something that gives you more good days than bad.

dangermouse

« Reply #130 on: May 19, 2017, 02:37:20 PM »

It's a long story and i''ll fill you all in later but basically ended up in A & E a few days after stopping the Estrogel with severe tachycardia (well done to my Consultant)! >:(

Hey, just to say that I always find my tachycardia (which only started 18m ago) goes hyper about 24-36 hours after stopping any hormones (the pill, estrogel, progesterone) and I think it's the brain panicking at the fall in hormones so it starts beating faster to keep you from keeling over as it's misunderstood the severity of why the hormones have suddenly fallen). Most horrible symptoms we get, include immune responses like with bad colds, are our brain (and blood flow) focusing everything on survival and stopping less critical parts of the body for being in balance. Like our minds! It eventually calms back down.

Tempest

« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2017, 03:13:36 PM »

You've hit the nail right on the head there, Dangermouse! This is EXACTLY what happened according to the ward Consultant I saw. I've had 2 episodes of this now with chest pain and 2 less severe, both on stopping HRT abruptly and I'll be buggered if I'm going through this again. >:(

My current Consultant obviously doesn't get it how much stress this places on the body, and 3 of these episodes have happened on her 'watch' after following her advice. Hubby is beyond livid! >:( xxxxx

Tempest

« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2017, 03:20:32 PM »

Edelweiss - it was hilarious! I demand you return your prescription to this forum post haste, in the hope that it may help other women to find balance.

I understand that it is not a 'one size fits all' and it may require tweaking for the individual by adding the occasional Snickers or a bag of Revels, and that one should give it time for the full effects to be noticed (mainly on the hips and an enhanced sense of contentment). ;) ;D xxxxx

Annie0710

« Reply #133 on: May 19, 2017, 03:29:17 PM »

Edelweiss doesn't realise how funny she is!

I often found chocolate buttons do something for me, not those silly little ones but the great big giant ones, like anything though you start low and work your way up as nausea is the first sign of too high a dose x

edelweiss

« Reply #134 on: May 19, 2017, 03:33:41 PM »

Hahaha Annie  ;D Tempest  ;D

I have sometimes px'd a box of Milk Tray, but that's off-licence.
And an entire bag of chocolate liqueurs can calm internal shaking  ;D

Dr Rolo Last
Harley St
London W1
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 03:35:42 PM by edelweiss »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24