Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24

Author Topic: The Road Less Travelled  (Read 78946 times)

Annie0710

Re: The Road Less Travelled
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2017, 08:29:47 PM »

Hello you !!!!

We have been worried about you !

I'm glad you're back home and (once again) sorting things out hormone-wise.  I really do hope speaking with Prof Studd gets you the results you so desperately need.  Hands ok thank you, no white fingers this week ! Xxx

edelweiss

« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2017, 09:24:11 PM »

Hello Tempest - there you are! So sorry to hear you were in AMU. We all think the world of you and want you to be well.

Hello Annie - thank you for keeping me (almost) sane on the boards and pm's. You deserve some very very good Karma for all that.

Hello Otes - good to see you too, and hello Mrs. Brown too. Hello everyone in fact and I hope everyone will do better soon.

I'm not noticing much on Tibolone. Said to Annie and Alesia if Tibolone doesn't work I'm going to try Toblerone.  ;D

Feel really sick on Tibolone, might as well feel really sick on Toblerone - it tastes better!!!!

Currently about 1 out of 10 xxx

Annie0710

« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2017, 09:28:59 PM »

Weight gain is about the same on Tib and Tob I reckon lol

Hey edelweiss, it works both ways, you may not realise but you are upbeat a lot and well, when you're downbeat it's understandable

Thankyou too (and the other ladies I'm in contact with) for being lovely ladies and we're so happy we have our Tempest back xxx

ALESIA

« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2017, 09:34:19 PM »

Hi Tempest

Lovely to see you back! Sounds like you have a lovely open minded Psychiatrist :)

I have always used 2 pumps for the last 21 years, funny you should mention the Oestrodose v Estrogel, I had always used Oestrogel (gold & white pump) for many years, then used Estrogel (aqua & white pump with white lid) as this was what the chemist gave me, but for the last 18-24 months I've been using Oestrodose (white pump with aqua lid) I had always assumed they were the same as they are all made by besins & they all appear to have the same ingredients???  :-\

So now I'm thinking perhaps that's why my levels have dropped over the last year?

Love & hugs xxx

Tempest

« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2017, 10:29:34 PM »

Hi, Alesia!

YES!!!!!! The difference with the Oestrogel/Estrogel and Oestrodose has been remarked upon on these forums and when I used the Oestrodose, I noticed it was slightly more watery - on 2 pumps, I didn't feel the same as I felt on 2 pumps of Estrogel previously (and I developed a rash on Oestrodose that I didn't have with Estrogel).

I think folk thought - oh, here goes Tempest again! ;D But - a few others starting noticing well after the thread I posted was 'dead and buried' on the forum too! I can't remember who, but someone contacted Besins and they confirmed that the Oestrodose is bulk product that is then repackaged by various distributors in the UK (its cheaper that way).

Another lady had to increase her dose by one pump to get the same effect as she had from her previous dose too on another separate thread.

So - I would say its WELL worth upping your dose just to see! Or, you can try sourcing Estrogel, but your prescription would have to state Estrogel specifically (GP's seem to be issuing prescriptions for 'estradiol gel' which means you could get anything).

The pharmacy in London which issues private prescriptions only for Professor Studd always carries Estrogel, so I've been told by another lovely member here.

I'm thinking this is a case of more 'short changing' in the NHS on prescriptions, but its rubbish if the generics don't work as well!  >:(

You may notice a difference, so it's worth as try! Give it a go. By the way, Professor Studd usually prescribes 3 pumps for ladies in surgical menopause at least (I had a prescription from him last year which stupidly I didn't fill. Its now expired)! :'(

And also.....one eighth of a sachet of Testim daily. If you haven't tried this, I'd ask for a prescription - it could make a big difference to you as you lost 75% of your Testosterone when you had the oopherectomy and with age, the input from the adrenals declines (that adrenopause again) so it could be why you're feeling so awful! Don't forget, although your lovely Kiniesologist had POF, she wouldn't have lost androgen or estrogen input completely and abruptly as you have, so you're a special case in comparison. ;)

If you want to read about Female Androgen Deficiency Syndrome to see if the symptoms fit you, Professor Studd has published papers on this and you can also find other articles on the web.

I hope this gives you a couple of things to try!

Hugs! xxxxx

Tempest

« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2017, 10:34:11 PM »

Oh bless your heart, Edelweiss! But.....they've even messed with Toblerone too. The pyramids are smaller.......is nothing sacred??????? I'm worried about the Ripple, though.... :o ;) ;D xxxxxx

Annie0710

« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2017, 11:28:03 PM »

:rofl:

Omg do you both come in patch form ? You'd be the best prescription ever ! Xxx

Butterfly22

« Reply #112 on: May 19, 2017, 07:34:38 AM »

Ah great to see you back and hope things settle for you 😘
I took your advice and asked for ustrogen (which I got) and bedol! Went to boots and they couldn't get it as manufacturing issue. 😩
So they said they would call doctors and arrange ellest solo.
Went to pick up yesterday and all confusion basically no one had sorted it, I called the doctor and as my doctor not in now till next week not sure they can do it!!
Why oh why is hrt such a pain in the butt for me!
Anyway thank you so much for the advice least have had more options to try xxxx

babyjane

« Reply #113 on: May 19, 2017, 08:51:34 AM »

I agree with Annie, you bring a breath of fresh air and a lot pf plain, knowledgeable, sensible (sometimes  ;) ;D) advice to the forum  :hug:

Butterfly22

« Reply #114 on: May 19, 2017, 10:45:16 AM »

I agree with Annie, you bring a breath of fresh air and a lot pf plain, knowledgeable, sensible (sometimes  ;) ;D) advice to the forum  :hug:

Definatly I was telling my fiancé all about you 😂 I said oh had some advice off a new lady on the site 😘 Xxx

edelweiss

« Reply #115 on: May 19, 2017, 10:46:38 AM »

Hello everyone how are you today *waves*

I hope you all have a better day today.

Before it changes I was a 3 out of 10 for a few minutes just then. This is a personal best since all this began. Still feel truly TERRIBLE, but not quite as mind-bendingly bad. xxx

Dandelion

« Reply #116 on: May 19, 2017, 11:07:40 AM »

This is a thread specifically for ladies for whom HRT has stopped working, or who have had extreme difficulties using HRT.

Anyone is very welcome to post of course as this is an open forum, but please respect that these ladies are having particular difficulties and therefore may not conform to what is considered 'the norm' when it comes to HRT. Thank you! xxxxx
Dunno if there is a norm to hrt or menopause.
So many differences and individual bodies and circumstances.
Mine's made complicated by an addiction to valium, which docs are currently working to wean me off, it acts on same receptor as progesterone, so I often doubt whether my progesterone regime is right.
Reassured by ultrasound and trans vaginal all-clear, after months and months of bladder obstruction and weeing problems, followed by GP referral and 4 cancellations later, I went and found great release to find out I had no need to change hrt.
Not read whole thread but heart goes out to women who cannot find a liveable solution t to the unpleasant changes brought about by the change of life.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 11:09:52 AM by Dandelion »

Annie0710

« Reply #117 on: May 19, 2017, 11:08:54 AM »

That is a good way to describe it

I have special moments " ooh I think I'll get in the car and go to B&M (I LOVE B&M) "

Hour later : "jeez what the hell was I thinking ? Go B&M ON MY OWN  :o "

So I stay at home ! X

babyjane

« Reply #118 on: May 19, 2017, 11:20:23 AM »

where did edelweiss's chocolate prescription disappear to?

Annie0710

« Reply #119 on: May 19, 2017, 11:26:32 AM »

:'( it's gone, not sure where though
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 24