Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Panic breast lump- good news  (Read 15405 times)

Cassie

Re: Panic breast lump
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2017, 06:30:50 PM »

The mammo and the ultrasound will certainly show whats what, am sure it will all be hunky dory.

Megamind

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2017, 07:30:38 PM »

When I attended with my Mum you see the Dr first who examines the breast. Straightaway he assured my Mum he didn't think it was anything to worry about (she had breast pain) but sent her for the mammogram which gave her the all clear. However, we were there a long time as there's a lot of waiting and there were a lot of other women there. I got talking to one woman and after she had the breast exam he reassured her he thought it was a cyst and her mammogram confirmed so.

Good luck x

countrybumpkin

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2017, 08:24:26 PM »

I will have my husband with me, mind you he will probably spend the time reading his kindle ;D 

countrybumpkin

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2017, 09:47:31 PM »

It's nearly tomorrow and my scary appointment.  If you could all send " its a cyst" vibes my way it would be appreciated!
My boob is quite painful if pressed, husband tried to cuddle me and I jumped a mile ::) so not looking forward to the mammo tomorrow.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2017, 09:56:51 PM »

Sweetheart, you'll be fine. Remember what we all said about the pain? I've been told twice that if there is pain it's not usually anything sinister.

When you get to the clinic explain about your back and also that your breast is very tender. In my experience these technicians are really considerate and will try to make you as comfortable as possible. Sometimes the tender bits aren't squashed if you know what I mean. I remember going for one once when my breasts were like giant throbbing boils and I was really expecting the worst, it was fine though. It's over and done with really quickly and you'll be out and all done and dusted in no time.

Good luck tomorrow, we're all rooting for you! xx

Mbrown001

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2017, 10:00:57 PM »

Good luck from me too.

Really, it does sound like a cyst.

Let us all know how you get on.

Mrs Brown

Claireylou

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2017, 05:39:51 AM »

Good luck for today countrybumpkin,

It does sound like a cyst with the pain you're in.

My mum had similar years ago. Went down the line of investigations. Breast consultant confirmed a harmless cyst and also said it was the "quiet" painless lumps which were the ones to watch.

Sending love and positive vibes your way. You've got this girl xxx  :)

Evelyn63

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2017, 07:53:56 AM »

Sending strong and positive vibes your way CB, will be doing a virtual hand holding too !

Hurdity

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2017, 07:55:40 AM »

All the best countrybumpkin and sending "it's a cyst" vibes all the way to you wherever you are :). I have had a painful breast lump in the past which was a fibroadenoma - doesn't seem to be there now. Let us know how you get on ....

Hurdity x

Wrensong

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2017, 09:46:11 AM »

Good luck Countrybumpkin - everything crossed for you, but sounds SO like a cyst, I'm sure you'll be fine.  We will all be there with you, so could get a bit crowded!

coldethyl

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2017, 10:22:40 AM »

fingers crossed xxx

countrybumpkin

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2017, 01:56:52 PM »

Good news.   Not even a cyst. the surgeon could not feel anything and he certainly had a good feel ;D  The mammo and ultrasound showed nothing as well. Surgeon said that breast cysts come and go all the time so maybe I did have one or else my GP was feeling something else ( she is young so possibly inexperienced in breast exams). Strangely no mention of a lump was on my referral just breast pain??
I do still have a very painful on pressure area in the breast but surgeon said that its possible that this is being caused by the prolapsed neck disc as I am having alot of pain around my ribs on same side and the boobs are attached!
The mammo from boob pain point of view was actually fine, I am suffering from the positions needed but to be expected. The ultrasound was very stingy painful but consultant radiographer again was very thorough.
I was incredibly impressed with the clinic and nhs. I arrived 30 mins before appt and within 10 mins had seen the surgeon. In next hour and forty mins I had both mammo and ultrasound and saw the surgeon again.

Evelyn63

Re: Panic breast lump- good news
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2017, 01:59:18 PM »

Oh thats wonderful news Countrybumpkin, I am so happy for you.  Have been checking in to see if you had posted .  Sending love and big hugs x

Cassie

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2017, 02:04:16 PM »

I am so relieved for you. I had the same experience, found a lump and it was painful and when I went for the mammo and ultrasound they could find absolutely nothing wrong and she said what I had been pressing on and found was the end of my breast tissue which felt like a lump it was on the upper outer edge of my boob, so just goes to show, we often panic for no reason, go and have a nice glass of something to celebrate!

Elizabethrose

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2017, 02:05:55 PM »

Brilliant news country bumpkin, I'm delighted for you x
Pages: 1 [2] 3