Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Can Femoston 2/10mg be used for 50 year old still with periods/peri menopausal  (Read 4709 times)

FunFifty

Hello I am new to this Forum and hope am doing this right. I hope someone can help me.  I am a 50 year old who still has monthly periods. About 6 months ago was prescribed Cyclo Progynova and liked this as had pill free break and this meant I had bleeding which reassure me womb lining not building up.  But after a few months I found the old Peri Menopausal symptons returned when on the Combined Oestrogen/Progesterone week which was just before the pill free week.  My GP thinks the Progesterone in this Pill is not agreeing with me  - Norgesterol.  He has advised switching to Femoston as the Progesterone much more aligned to the boys natural Progesterone and he thinks will negate my symptons.  My worry is that on reading the instructions it states that the patient should be period free for at least 6 months before taking Femoston.  This is not me.

My question is, is anyone else who is peri menopausal taking the Femoston Sequential 2/10 mg ?   or should it only be taken by women who are post menopausal with no period?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

FunFifty

Hello and Thank you!  So as it is designed to give me a bleed then is it ok to use when I am still Peri Menopausal ?  I will have a look at the green areas as you suggest.   :)

Hurdity

Hi Funfifty

:welcomemm: from me too.

What were your periods doing before you were prescribed the Cycloprogynova? Were they still the same as ever ie completely regular, and the same length etc? Perhaps they had started to become irregular? If your periods were still very regular then sometimes HRT does not work - but it does in some women! If this is the case (very regular periods) then maybe start with Femoston 1/10 and see how you feel for a few weeks, and then if necessary increase to 2/10.

Good luck and let us know how you get on! :)

Hurdity x

FunFifty

HI Hurdity, They weren't perfect and had began having large clots. Most unpleasant but still pretty much every 4 to 6 weeks. I also had anxiety feelings and hot flushes had began. not good. The Cyclo Progynova worked most of the time but I was beginning to get worse on the Progesterone phase this the recommended switch to Femoston. Im pleased that this site says that it is ok to take for Peri menopausal women. Thank you  :)