Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Estradiol/ vagifem vaginal tablets  (Read 2782 times)

Nellendra

Estradiol/ vagifem vaginal tablets
« on: May 06, 2017, 10:21:09 PM »

Hi
Just been given Estradiol/ vagifem vaginal tablets 10 mcg for 12 nights then use on alternate nights.
Reason for these is VERY sore down below/ entrance to vagina ( good job I'm single) !! To the point that it feels like it has been cut or has an open wound.. not nice at all.
Anyone used these for this reason before? Any  success or side effects?
Thanks x x

Hurdity

Re: Estradiol/ vagifem vaginal tablets
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 07:43:13 AM »

Hi Nellendra

In a word - YES!

There are numerous threads on this - too many to link to! There is also a thread called the Burning Club in the private lives section - which is for more extreme cases but will have some useful information. You could do a search from home page of forum for Vagifem.

If your oestrogen levels are fairly high ie you are not yet at menopause then provided you are not allergic to the fillers ( uncommon I would say!) you shouldn't really notice any side effects at all as systemic absorption is minimal.  If you are post-menopause and oestrogen levels are low then you may notice the initial uptake in the first couple of weeks - but after this time ( or thereabouts) your tissues become plumped up which limits further absorption into the system. A few women get mild side effects but don't expect these. The main thing is to focus on the benefits to your vaginal and bladder area. If you are very sore then do be careful (gentle) inserting the applicator so as not to bruise the tissues.

Have you been given any cream for the outer areas? Many of us find that using estriol cream ( 0.01%) in addition to the Vagifem is helpful to provide additional mild local oestrogen.

Good luck and let us know how you get on :)

Hurdity x

Nellendra

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 10:10:03 AM »

Thank you Hurdity
As ever, your advice and info is priceless.
Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Xx

Little Sam

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 08:37:49 PM »

Hi
I am on day 4 of Vagifem I really hope it helps I am so sore and cannot have any intimacy! I am so looking forward to some relief. Thankyou all on here I would not have known about it otherwise. I spoke to my Gp about she did not hesitate prescribing it to me but had not mentioned it to me before! So a big Thankyou!!!!!

Nellendra

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 09:06:05 PM »

Hi little Sam, did you get the pessaries or cream for external use? Or both? X