Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Results from 2nd Set of Blood Tests!  (Read 1374 times)

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
Results from 2nd Set of Blood Tests!
« on: May 03, 2017, 11:42:01 AM »

Hello

Just a quick update and request for advice please? 

Blood Tests for Oestrogen approximately 6 weeks ago were 90 pmol and FSH 55 so I increased my patch to 50mg, then 62.5 mg.  Been on 62.5 mg for 10 days now, and had repeat blood tests last Friday.  The results are 144 pmol and 43 FSH!

So i'm hoping that I can conclude that I am absorbing something from the patches, and could I also possibly think that the TAH has finally finished off any ovarian function, which I know has been waining naturally over the last 4 years.

Therefore at 45, would you increase to 75mg at my next patch changeover date?  I've never really had any relief from flushes and always thought that my patch wore off about 1.5 days after applying it.

Also I have developed very sore "bits" - will this be corrected by HRT eventually or shall I get myself to the chemist.

Tempest

Re: Results from 2nd Set of Blood Tests!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 12:08:28 PM »

Hi, Marchone!

It's still relatively early days post surgery and the blood supply to your ovaries has been disrupted, but there is a chance it may recover! For some ladies it does, others it doesn't. Annie has experience of this post TAH.

You could maybe try increasing but keep an eye on things over the following weeks as if your ovaries kick in again, you may then show signs of excess with your HRT (you can read a lot about this over at Hystersisters).

I hope this helps! xxxxx

Hurdity

Re: Results from 2nd Set of Blood Tests!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 05:41:15 PM »

If you haven't had any relief from flushes on oestrogen at all after at least 4 weeks then yes I would consider increasing the dose with GP say so. Also have you had tests for thyroid function and blood sugar etc - the whole caboodle? I think I remember asking you so you probably have!

Hurdity x