Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: 5 weeks into Femoston 1/10  (Read 1813 times)

Fluffykaiser

5 weeks into Femoston 1/10
« on: May 02, 2017, 12:31:43 PM »

Hi ladies,

I turned 48 a few weeks ago and had a bit of a wobble about that. Two days after I went to the docs because I've not been sleeping much due to night sweats and headaches. I've been feeling really anxious lately and it just comes on all of a sudden and extremely temperamental. One minute I'm fine then it's like a demon in my brain telling me to over-react to any slight thing and I go off on one and can't control it.

My doc told me I was peri-menopausal which I stupidly didn't even consider. He gave me Femoston 1/10. I felt awful because I blamed my Fiancé who lives abroad at the moment for my anxiety and for getting me angry all the time lol!

So I am on week 5 and my night sweats have gone and hot flushes in the daytime. I'm much much calmer unless really pushed but do feel much more able to handle things. But I'm still so tired and still getting quite a few headaches although not as many.

I'm also quite dry down below (sorry, TMI) and not much desire for anything which is worrying as my fiancé and I have a very healthy sex life usually as we do only see each other every couple of weeks.

I haven't had a bleed yet but am craving sweet food all the time like I used to when I had a period (not had one for 10 months but was on the mini pill so never had many anyway).

When I went from the grey tabs back to the white on my second packet I was exhausted. I literally couldn't do anything for two days.

I have also noticed my hair falling out much more than usual and it's getting thin. I'm going to see a trichologist tomorrow in London.

Sorry for the long post but is all of this normal?

Phoned doc today and he said full effect of HRT won't kick in for three months and he's booked me in to get my thyroid checked.

Thanks for any ladies who can advise x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: 5 weeks into Femoston 1/10
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 03:03:29 PM »

Sounds normal from where I'm sitting and at least you have a GP who will at least consider HRT!   :welcomemm:

As the oestrogen levels drop off so the body may become dry: that's eyes, ears, nostrils, vagina, skin - we have several threads on vaginal atrophy so have a read then ask your GP for treatment: the sooner you start either Vagifem or Ovestin the better! and this has to be managed for ever.  It plumps up the vaginal area and encourages lubrication which stops the itchiness and tendency towards urine infection-type symptoms.

As oestrogen levels drop so muscles may become lax = aches and pains  ::).

Some ladies find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary is useful.  Browse round.  Make notes!

Nothing is taboo as most of it's been discussed here B4 ;-)

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 07:17:30 PM »

Yip-  :bighug:x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 04:59:35 PM »

Hi Fluffykaiser

:welcomemm:

Yes definitely worth starting some local oestrogen - the different types are all listed here.  https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/local.php .Many women need this as well as systemic HRT so don't let the docs lead you to believe otherwise. Hopefully the side effects from the HRT will settle and you will end up feeling better overall.

Hurdity x

Fluffykaiser

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 06:38:06 PM »

Thanks ladies. I'm waiting for this fantastic energy boost and to feel normal again, does this really happen when the full effects of hrt finally kick in?