Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Palpitations- utrogestan and oestrogel tweaking  (Read 4902 times)

MicheleMaBelle

Palpitations- utrogestan and oestrogel tweaking
« on: May 01, 2017, 02:51:19 PM »

Ladies- struggling yet again with above combo. I've moved ( with consultants ok) to alternate days 100 mg v utrogestan but have kept my oestrogel dose at two pumps as wary of increasing it too much relative to amount of utrogestan taken.
I'm getting terrible palpations, feel I can't breathe properly and feel really anxious and tearful. I go on holiday later this week so I'm absolutely dreading it ( awful, isn't it, when you have something lovely to look forward to, but can't feel any joy.)
I bought rescue remedy yesterday but so far, I still feel kidnapped.

Do you think upping the oestrogel would help in the meantime? Thanks x

GypsyRoseLee

Re: Palpitations- utrogestan and oestrogel tweaking
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 08:41:17 PM »

I know just what you mean about dreading events that should be lovely.

Prof Studd told me that 3-4 pumps a day were usually necessary to combat hormonal depression and anxiety. I know 3 pumps didn't do much for me, and it was only when I went up to 4 pumps that things started to change for the better. Even on 4 pumps my oestrogen was only 603 p/mol which Prof Studd didn't consider 'particularly high'.

I am very tempted to have a private bloods test done to see what my oestrogen level is nowadays, now that I'm (generally) feeling okay again. Could you perhaps have one done?

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 09:27:13 PM »

Thanks GRL- never had any bloods done - it's all just been done on symptoms. I'm going to up it tomorrow and see how I go but I'm getting to the stage of being almost afraid of HRT! X

Tempest

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 10:15:02 PM »

Oh, I know that feeling of being afraid of HRT only too well, Michelemabelle! Wee soul! I hope you feel better for your hols. xxxxx

GRL, I'm sure you've probably written about this before but do you apply all 4 pumps at once? If so, that's arms and legs? I've only ever got up to 2 pumps and it has me wondering if this is why I never felt better. But I'd need to go very, very slow......xxxx

Nina

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 11:14:22 PM »

I got horrible palps with oestrogel and they only stopped when I changed to estradot 100. I was using 3-4 pumps per day and 100mg utro daily

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 08:14:49 AM »

Thanks ladies- I'll see how it goes x

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 09:15:02 AM »

Hi Tempest

I apply it all at once. I apply 2 pumps each, to both upper arms/shoulders x

Cassie

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2017, 09:35:11 AM »

It could be the utrogestan causing the palps, I find it makes me feel like I have had a heavy dose of caffeine and also get jittery and sleepless and palps.... :-\

Wrensong

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2017, 09:42:31 AM »

Hi Michelemabelle, just wanted to sympathise and send a hug as I'm in a similar situation & know how rotten it feels.  I've just had to abandon a new trial of Estradot 75 & Utrogestan 100mg nightly - higher doses than your current combo, I realise, but with a similar reaction.  Changed to this after 18 months on Evorel Conti, hoping for better relief of night sweats, insomnia & flushing.  First 3 1/2 weeks were promising, but then dreadful palpitations set in & I was advised to take a 3 day break from Utro.  During that time, though the irregular heartbeats thankfully settled, felt even worse in other ways, with immense tension for no good reason, worsened night sweats & far too wired to sleep after these set in.  By coincidence, we're also off on hols later this week but this is the very last thing on my mind right now!  Dreading further withdrawal complications now I've had to revert to Evorel with lower dose E.  I can't comment on whether upping your oestrogen would help, I'm afraid, as I don't know whether my body's hissy fit is due to too much E, whether it needs the constant prog in a patch as opposed to spikes with the oral caps, or if it just hates Utro.  All I can suggest is to try to get as much relaxation as you can and be kind to yourself while you work out what is going on.  If you are a meditator and have time for it, perhaps this might help you through the worst.  Hoping for the best for you.

Wrensong.

Dee46

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2017, 09:55:33 AM »

Michelemabelle, I have increased my pumps of Oestrogel to 4 pumps 11 days ago & still got anxiety, the palps, dizzy & feel awful at times, I had a sobbing session on Sunday because I am so exhausted from feeling ill & this was on the Oestrogel only part which I thought was supposed to make you feel better, I guess it is still early days for my body to get used to all but not really sure what is happening I just take the calmer times as good although they are few & far between.
I know the not looking forward to things especially holidays, when I have bad days I just cannot think about being away from home but when there you will be fine & more relaxed.

GRL – How long after going up to 4 pumps did you start to feel better? A few weeks or a few months?