Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Evorel conti spotting  (Read 1762 times)

Sarai

Evorel conti spotting
« on: April 28, 2017, 09:37:31 PM »

Oh dear the lady who worries constantly is here again, so I've just got on my second box of patches having started at half, then 3/4 and now on my 3rd whole patch. I've felt a lot of hormonal stuff but after being asked by my dr if I'd had any abnormal bleeding a few days ago ( which I hadn't) tonight I got bits of old brown blood so panic mode set in.
Please I need reasurance because I'm scared he will panic and take me off and I'm doing it for my bones. I had been period free for 13 months prior to going on it.

Optimist

Re: Evorel conti spotting
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 09:38:32 AM »

Hi I remembered reading this on here so have copied and pasted for you-you don't need to worry.....x
POST MENOPAUSAL -
Continuous combined therapies.

"Period free" or continuous combined therapy can be used by women who are 54 + yrs, or more than 1 yr post menopausal at any age. The criteria should be fulfilled in order to offer such treatment to women who no longer have a continuing ovarian cycle, so that steady levels of both estrogen and progestogen can be achieved. When there are steady levels of estrogen and progestogen from daily administration of both, the womb lining stays thin. Although some bleeding in the first 6 months of therapy is common, there should not be bleeding after that and the lining does not go through the stages of stimulation and then shedding as it does during a normal cycle and with sequential therapy. Start with low dose preparations and increase as necessary for symptom control. The products marked * are licensed for osteoporosis treatment/prevention.
See WHY AND WHEN TO OFFER CONTINUOUS COMBINED THE

Wrensong

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 10:09:45 AM »

Hi Sarai, I wouldn't worry too much about the spotting - Optimist's helpful post is hopefully reassuring here.  I also had bleeding on Evorel Conti though I was 3 years post menopause when I started HRT, and I know from MM that many other women do unfortunately experience this on conti regimes.  My bleeding went on after the first 6 months, but I think this is unusual and in my case probably complicated by being hypothyroid, so please don't expect it to be a long-term issue for you.   I was not made to stop my HRT & just had to have some minor investigations, but all was fine.  Try to think of it as par for the course and concentrate on the knowledge you are doing the right thing for your bones and that HRT should benefit your health in general.  Good luck with the Evorel, it suits many women well, so hopefully you will be one of them.

Wrensong.

Sarai

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 03:00:13 PM »

Thanks optimist and wrensong