Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: How is meno affecting your life?  (Read 1763 times)

Lizab

How is meno affecting your life?
« on: April 26, 2017, 05:12:06 PM »

I'm curious as to how peri/meno is affecting other people's lives aside from symptoms. Or perhaps I need a little reassurance that I'm not the weakest woman in history.

For me, hrt didn't work out. I'm now 9 weeks off and feeling better, but I've just had to again recruit friends and neighbors to transport my kids from school to their activities as my head is pounding. I am getting on better than I was my final months on hrt, but I'm finding it difficult to commit to things as I never know when a poor night sleep or headache is going to knock me down. It seems to be a balancing act to not give up and live in a depressing hermit state, keep carrying on and push through, but also not over exhaust myself.

How is everyone else getting along?

Sooby

Re: How is meno affecting your life?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 03:29:18 PM »

Hi,

I found a change of diet helped greatly when I came off HRT ( originally prescribed for peri symptoms ) ditching sugar and hydrating regularly. I take a meno supplement from healthspan which contains B vits as well as an Iron supplement as I was suffering from anemia. I haven't had a migraine in two months (touch wood) so something has worked.

Hopefully yours should settle down soon.

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 06:21:58 PM »

Hello Lizab.

You are certainly not the weakest woman in history, infact I think we deserve medals for achieving as much as we do under the circumstances! Recently a friend told me her husband  complained that the duvet flapping all night had driven him mad and from now on he's going to sleep in the spare bedroom to save his sanity. We agreed that it's a pity she can't also move out and leave the night sweats behind!

To answer your question my symptoms have had a huge effect on my life and because I worry about how I'll cope in any situation my self confdence has also suffered.

This time of life is difficult for many of us but like real troopers we find a way to carry on.

Take care and wishing you well.

K.

samweller161

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 11:26:22 AM »

I agree with Kathleen, you are def not the weakest woman in history!

I found the "brain fog" difficult (I nearly typed brian fog, wonder who he is?) at first and even now I occasionally struggle to remember names of things.  I try and look after my diet quite strictly and I walk and do zumba.  I don't smoke and don't drink much alcohol (although I can put it away on a night out on the rare occasion!).  I do stretches for my back and also now wear ear plugs as I have become a much lighter sleeper.  My jobs was very stressful but am now in the last 2 weeks of it and my new boss has been absolutely delightful so far (currently juggling them both).

I try and drink a litre of water a day also - hydration is very important.

I think the phrase "keep calm and carry on" was invented for menopausal women ....

Good luck to you and have a hug

SP x