Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Is this a mad idea?  (Read 12962 times)

Elizabethrose

Re: Is this a mad idea?
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2017, 09:41:12 PM »

excellent idea- would mean more scones for us! Result. Right girls, Bonnie bobbies out! And I do have a story to tell you about that.. .x
Hope the weather warms up for you!!  Wish I lived nearer to hear that story MM!  ;D

S x

I think we should get up there Sparkle, us Sassenachs could show them how we party down here!!  :parti: :parti: (we probably need to tell them that the strongest we can manage is tap water!)  ;)

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2017, 09:45:38 PM »

I think it's a brilliant idea - have thought of something similar myself.

Anyone in Sheffield?

DaisyB

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2017, 10:21:43 PM »

:D Michellemabelle I have been thinking along these lines for a long time also. I am new to the forum ( not a nutter) but my hubby would beg to differ 😂😂 - I am over in NI but would happily fly over if something was organised. I understand some ladies cautioning about anonymity, others cautious about ppl not getting on or mad moaning sessions etc etc But speaking for myself I have felt desolate and confused and for a long time not aware of what was happening to me. Now that the penny is dropping I would def welcome a support meeting of sorts. You can't please everyone all of the time. But I for one have my hand up- count me in - forum is terrific and for me my saving grace - Meeting face to face however would most certainly be taking the support a step further for me. I think you will get out of it what you put in personally. And I would be happy to attend/contribute - I would equally love to see something similar on this side of the pond - but am much too new and inexperienced to think of doing it myself.

I would add this is the first forum I have ever joined and am so happy to be a part of it. Keeping fingers and toes crossed that it takes off!!

Well done for suggesting

DaisyB

Tempest

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2017, 10:31:35 PM »

Your mad idea is gathering pace, Michele! Brilliant!!!!! :bouncing: :spin:

walking the dog

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2017, 07:35:43 AM »

Jimsmrs I could meet you in Edinburgh or Berwick , im in Newcastle xx

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2017, 08:39:53 AM »

HI Ladies- Daisy B, love NI by the way. Used to go over there quite a lot on business and on a personal basis. Fab people and so friendly!
My idea is to meet up on an informal basis in a social setting☕️🍸🍩. Start off by having a catch up/ chat and then we can take it from there. Let's just see how it goes and I certainly can't arrange anything before I go on holiday so it'll probably be June sometime. I'll be in touch.

Elizabeth Rose and Sparkle- you are welcome, but be prepared not to understand a single word, maybe the occasional shout of " see you jimmy" , before throwing whisky all over ourselves, demanding Deep fried Mars Bars and doing a special performance of the Mad Menopausal Highland Fling.  ( sounds like a typical Saturday afternoon in Glasgow girls. we like afternoons now because it means we can be home in time to get our comfort slacks on and watch Strictly or Ant and Decs Saturday night takeaway or whatever nonsense is on the telly)

Walking the dog- funny that you mention Berwick. I want to go to Archerfield House and the spa there. Gets too expensive in golfing season but they do deals at other times of the year. A friend went recently and she's raved about it. Have a look.

Thanks to all for your suggestions- I'd like to give it a go. This can be a scary isolating experience so like the forum, maybe we can gain strength and support one another on a more personal basis.

Hope you all have a good day  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2017, 12:33:35 PM »

This has grown wings  ;D Good Luck!

There is a group of ladies that wear red and purple, one seems them around the UK in groups going for coffee and cake.  Calendar Girls use sun-flowers so you need to get a MM emblem ........

Ideas Girls?  Maybe a butterfly [wings] from a garden centre, one of those that stick into a pot in the garden ?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 12:36:22 PM by CLKD »

Jimsmrs

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2017, 01:30:53 PM »

Jimsmrs I could meet you in Edinburgh or Berwick , im in Newcastle xx

Walking the dog when I can face driving and going out then yes,

Hurdity

« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2017, 01:43:59 PM »

Green and yellow spots and stripes? Purple is so passe now  ;D (when I am an old woman....)

The only caveat I would give about such groups - is that they should be kept separate from the forum (even if the forum is the place to initiate them) - in the sense that it could become a bit weird with women who knew each other in RL talking about things others wouldn't know about if you see what I mean, and might feel excluded - but I am sure you would all be sensitive and would not let this happen! Also I presume they would become open to others if subsequently advertised locally as well as on here?

One possibility if it was successful - or even before - would be to ask Emma to set up a separate board for local groups and then members could post threads about meeting up in particular areas - so it would be easier to search for one and then contact someone by pm. You could then have your group as a long-running chat thread which others could read (or ignore!) but may or may not join in (we have other threads on here which are more-or-less like this).

I think it's such a good idea if it can now get off the ground now the forum is much busier. On several occasions with certain members I have felt - I would meet up with you just to give you some support - not because I wanted or needed the friendship, but because I could see that they would benefit from someone to chat to in real life and because online support, although excellent, can only go so far - nothing like a proper hug eh?!

Hurdity x

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2017, 02:08:08 PM »

Agree Hurdity- you can't beat a big hug from someone you truly understands. I left my card in the machine at the supermarket a few weeks back. Must admit was in a bit of a pickle and the very well groomed elderly lady behind me just stood and watched.
I walked out the store and felt someone tap me on the shoulder. She gave me my card back but also gave me a big bear hug and squeezed my hand. She wasn't stood behind me judging, she recognised a younger version of herself. I could have cried!

I would not want any local groups to take way from the forum and I don't believe that this would happen. I hate in any shape or form,divisive behaviour and any form of exclusion so personally I'd do my utmost to ensure that this doesn't happen.

Maybe our emblem can be a big pair of Bridget Jones pants ( over the top  of clothes of course).x

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2017, 03:10:33 PM »

But surely that's Superman  ;D

How about a brolly in a bright colour?

Tempest

« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2017, 03:11:16 PM »

I don't think local groups would take away from this forum at all if Emma were to graciously grant us our own board :)

Should we have chapters, erm.....like the Hell's Angels?! ;D I can see the headlines now........'Glasgow Chapter Of The Menopause Angels Cause A Kerfuffle In A Tearoom Over Under Baked Scones'......... :rofl:

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2017, 03:14:22 PM »

A gaggle of hormonally-hyped women would be truly terrifying to behold  :o

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2017, 03:21:08 PM »

:rofl:

CLKD

« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2017, 03:22:36 PM »