Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Bleeding  (Read 1508 times)

Dot mcc

Bleeding
« on: April 23, 2017, 02:49:19 PM »

Can you please help try and out my mind at ease. I've been bleeding every 2 weeks since January- these are just normal periods nothing heavy. Went to the doctors they completed the blood tests etc and said something on the lines of its 115 so can someone please explain am I going through early menapause? I have dry skin in my hands, feel very moody and want to be on my own, feel hot at night in bed and feel tired in the afternoon. I am currently 44 years old. Any help would be great

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Bleeding
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 10:40:27 AM »

:welcomemm:

Maybe give your Practice Nurse a ring and ask about the levels? 

Do you have other meno-symptoms, some ladies suffer, others don't have too much in the way of problems but intermittent bothersome issues.  For me it is itchy insteps  ::), lack of concentration, muggy brain ..........

As oestrogen levels drop off so the body may become dry, inside and out: do read the threads on Vaginal Atrophy! and the muscles may become lax = aches and pains  ::) - i.e. The Change  >:(  :D

4 me my periods came and went over 2-3 years then stopped.

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 07:07:16 PM »

Hi dot- sounds like peri. Have a browse on treatment on site x

Dot mcc

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 07:23:44 PM »

Hello thank you for your message, my skin on my knuckles are very dry. I have a dry mouth and get tired in the afternoon. I have no issues downstairsall seems to be ok, no dryness or pain.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 07:33:47 PM »

Buy a good hand cream, we use Vaseline products successfully. Other ladies will recommend different creams.  Do keep an eye on how your bladder is, vaginal atrophy often presents as on-going urine infection-type symptoms: bladder irritation, the need to pee, urgency ....... once the urine sample comes back from the Lab. [not a dip stick test in the Surgery which shows not a lot], if an anti-biotic is required you will get the correct one: otherwise your GP/Nurse should prescribe appropriate treatment, either Ovestin or Vagifem.  Fortunately my GP was alert to my symptoms.

Tiredness can be for a variety of problems so maybe get your GP to test your blood for thyroid function, diabetes and lack of Vit.D.  Browse round!

Dot mcc

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 08:21:47 PM »

Hi I have been tested for thyroid the came back as normal. I'm just worried about the bleeding every 2 weeks, I have no problem with going to the loo and no urgent need to go everything is fine like that. It's just the bleed which is just like a normal period