Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Combining patch and gel  (Read 1360 times)

Frankie41

Combining patch and gel
« on: April 16, 2017, 07:44:30 AM »

Hi everyone

Just wondering whether anyone has trialled successfully or (not), a combination of patch and gel.  I have found it difficult (as I know many others have) to find a sufficiently even and strong method of estrogen delivery.  My regime includes zoladex injections (wiping out all my own estrogen) so I need a potent and stable form of estrogen.   I've already used the patch up to 150 mcg, with mixed results - some breakthrough of my own cycle and blood estrogen levels never rising above 400 pmol - a level at which I still experience bothersome symptoms (mostly mood and cognitive related). I am wondering whether adding a small amount of gel might strengthen overall absorption.  If anyone has any experience of this and or has heard of this use, I'd love to hear feedback.

Many thanks in advance!

Salad

Re: Combining patch and gel
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 08:30:09 AM »

Morning  :)

I use both - I'm on 100 patch but if I get symptoms then I apply 1 pump of gel too. It's mainly when I get sinus tachycardia but if my joints are painful then I have used it then as well. My GP is aware and I don't use it every day.

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 03:40:00 PM »

Hello
As you two are on a high dose, can I ask if you are peri or not?

I'm currently on 50mg and think I have about 10 hours of being flush free. Then they start again.

Due to increase to 75mg soon.

I had TAH 3 months ago and recent
Oestrogen levels are 90 pmol!

Salad

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 04:53:56 PM »

I'm not sure what I am  ;D

I had a TAH in 2011 aged 48 then went into natural menopause aged 51.
My last level was 253 on Femseven 100 but having low symptoms. I'm now on Eastradot 100 and have less symptoms.
Am I post?

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 07:41:45 PM »

Did you keep your ovaries?
I didn't but not sure how much use they are as the flushes seem to be getting worse. As my results of 90pmol were wearing a patch at the time, I think I'm as well to increase as soon as possible.

Salad

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 10:29:54 PM »

Yes I kept them as they looked healthy during the op.

I would increase the dose at that level, if you are still not feeling great - then see how you go for a month or so.

Good luck x

Frankie41

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 02:27:39 AM »

Hi there

Thanks both for replying to my post. Yes I am peri - I think quite far down the track (although only 42) as I have an AMH of zero. 90 pmol is pretty low for oestrogen so if you are getting low e symptoms on that, I think you can confidently increase. 

Frankie