Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Plastic bags - where?  (Read 5873 times)

bramble

Plastic bags - where?
« on: April 11, 2017, 09:42:45 AM »

In my old utility room I had a plastic bag holder which I screwed into the inside of the door in my old unit. I hesitate to screw anything into my brand new units.
Where do you all store your plastic bags and how??

Bramble

Mbrown001

Re: Plastic bags - where?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 10:08:47 AM »

My son made a drawstring bag in school many years ago which I use for my plastic bags. It lives in a kitchen drawer. Falling to bits now but does have fond memories for me.
Have you looked at the Lakeland website. They sometimes have good storage solutions.

Mrs Brown

cubagirl

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 10:16:34 AM »

I have a plastic bag holder on back of my kitchen door. Seldom used now as I have cloth bags I take shopping nowadays.

bramble

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 10:48:06 AM »

My shopping gets delivered in plastic bags which I re-use for cat litter. It must take the delivery man ages to take it out of the boxes if it wasn't. May try it this week and experiment!

Bramble

nearly50

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 01:10:40 PM »

My shopping gets delivered in plastic bags which I re-use for cat litter. It must take the delivery man ages to take it out of the boxes if it wasn't. May try it this week and experiment!

Bramble
I don't know who you shop with, but any delivery I've had has involved the driver taking out pallets with my shopping, rather than finding individual bags so it might not make any difference.

I keep the few plastic bags I have left in a drawer in the kitchen.

babyjane

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 01:47:17 PM »

I have shopping delivered without bags. I refuse to pay a fee for bags.  the driver brings the pallets to the door where I am ready with a supply of shopping bags which he decants the items into for me.  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2017, 01:54:07 PM »

We shop in Supermarkets etc., so try to take 3/4  bags for life with us.  Usually they remain in the boot so one of us has to walk back for them  ::).  They are stored under the stairs ........ or used for kitchen rubbish that isn't re-cyclable.  I notice that the groceries that Mum has delivered are biodegradable  :o so can be used in the kitchen and transferred to the compost heap.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 06:15:38 PM by CLKD »

bramble

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2017, 03:39:58 PM »

My driver takes the boxes containing my groceries in bags into the kitchen for me. I thought they all delivered into the kitchen! I don't fancy standing on the doorstep transferring stuff from the boxes into bags. Would they not still deliver into the kitchen if I got it bagless?

Bramble

nearly50

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2017, 04:29:18 PM »

My driver takes the boxes containing my groceries in bags into the kitchen for me. I thought they all delivered into the kitchen! I don't fancy standing on the doorstep transferring stuff from the boxes into bags. Would they not still deliver into the kitchen if I got it bagless?

Bramble

If they do itfor you now, I'm sure they still will. Asda only deliver to the ground floor of tenements and I refuse to cart my shopping up flights of stairs when I've paid for delivery!

annieb

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2017, 04:55:58 PM »

The one and only time I had my Shopping delivered without bags , the driver just kept bringing the trays full of goodies and dumping them first on the step and then on the drive (IT was a BIG shop)  Then he just stood and watched me unload it all onto the floor in the hall.
Never again
Having said that I mostly go to the supermarket now as the shop is not as big (since children have left home) and always take re-usable shoppers so have very few plastic bags

Elizabethrose

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2017, 05:47:24 PM »

I shop Ocado and they charge 5p per bag but refund 5p per bag for ANYONES plastic bags returned. I therefore always have a bag full of bags which are returned to the driver at the next visit.

Ocado are super obliging; crates are carried to the door to prevent breakages etc, they then carry the bags through to the kitchen and deposit them on the kitchen table. Works like magic!

cubagirl

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2017, 06:03:52 PM »

Drivers deliver to my kitchen too bramble. They even help me unpack.

nearly50

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2017, 06:13:19 PM »

I think Sainsbury's deliver to the kitchen, and at least Tesco bring it to the door of flats. Have to say there aren't many Asda deliveries round about since they changed policy

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2017, 06:17:39 PM »

go to the supermarket now as the shop is not as big (since children have left home)  ;D

cubagirl

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2017, 09:32:49 PM »

I get the really heavy & bulky stuff delivered. Fruit, veg I prefer to pick myself.
Pages: [1] 2