Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Interesting symptom  (Read 1525 times)

Lizab

Interesting symptom
« on: April 05, 2017, 03:34:28 AM »

I've been without hrt for 6 weeks. The hot flashes are returning and more frequent than ever before. I'm waking often in the night, wake up then have a flush then back to sleep, and having several throughout the day. They aren't as troublesome as they were before hrt, generally plain warm feelings.

So here's the interesting part. I've had a nagging headache all afternoon today, but each time I get a flush, the headache subsides during the flush for about half an hour after. I wonder if the headache is from lower hormones and the flushes are little surges of hormones, or perhaps the other way around.

There may be some entire other mechanism involved, blood flow or  something. I'm not concerned about it but found it interesting so thought to share.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Interesting symptom
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 03:33:45 PM »

I have a background headache which I put down to my medication: beta-blockas and 15mg AD : as well as very busy dreams. 

Anyone else have anomalies?

lesley998

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 08:40:23 AM »

When I first started vagifem, I used to get a horrible morning headache, right behind my eyes. Dull and persistent.  Mentioned it to doc, who said try not to insert the pellet too far up?!  I wasn't expecting that comment.   I do expect however it was more to do with priming for  two weeks...although it took a few weeks for the background headache to clear up. Now it's not there at all.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 08:49:37 PM »

sparkle .. if you had the sensation prior to the product  :-X