Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Femoston2/10  (Read 1258 times)

Lifeofa50yearold

Femoston2/10
« on: March 29, 2017, 03:00:51 PM »

Hi everyone im a newbie desperate for advice.
Im in menopause have been for 3 half years (last period was 3 n half years ago.
I all of a sudden 3 months ago started horrific night sweats. So ran to my gp crying in desperation begging him to help stop the night sweats and this mood etc

Im allready on venlaflaxine 225mg for severe resistant depression so to have this meno depression aswell really made me spiral out of control.

Firstly he gave me ellest conti
I took it for 8 days n went back to the gp as id read some night sweats stopped after 2 nights.
They changed it to femoston 2/10 im now worried lll start having fake periods again?
Is that rite?

And when will the night sweats stop in femoston roughly? Im overweight severley due to riding the meno waves n not swimming against it.

Im 5ft7 and did weigh 20 stone after 3 weeks i now weight 18.7 stone.
Im really trying to loose weight.
Has anyone else been on femoston after 3 years of no periods ? Did anyones night sweats stop?
I did search femoston2/10 but there were no posts regarding it :(
Thankyou
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 03:40:06 PM by Lifeofa50yearold »

Hurdity

Re: Femoston2/10
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 04:12:10 PM »

Hi Lifeofa50yearold

:welcomemm:

Sorry to hear about your worsening of symptoms. Some women do  find that 2 or 3 years after periods stop their symptoms get worse or start for the first time. This is because at this point on average, oestrogen levels have dropped to their lowest. As you are overweight you will store some in your fat but even so not enough to stop thee sweats. Also being overweight means they will seem worse as well. Great to hear you are trying to lose weight because this is the most important thing you can do in terms of your future health so any little steps you can take to gradually decrease would be brilliant. Take a look at your diet and see if you can cut out extra sugars, cakes carbs etc and eat more fruit and veg and low fat foods. Of course it's hard to do this (lose weight) when you are not feeling so good and especially with lack of sleep so hopefully the HRT will do the job soon :)

Yes Femoston 2/10 will give you a monthly withdrawal bleed. If you don't want to have this then you need to ask for Femoston conti. However this only comes in a 1 mg dose (unlike Elleste Duet conti which comes in 1 mg and 2 mg). It is a good idea to see how well you cope with the two parts of the cycle though so perhaps carry on with it for a bit if you can bear to have a period again.

The other thing is it would be extremely unlikely for your sweats to stop after two days and especially on tablet HRT. Some women do find quite quick response but usually with patches or gel - the tablets take a little longer and they don't just stop like that - you will gradually notice a lessening in frequency until hey presto - they've gone - hopefully!!!

The idea is to try each type for 3 months to allow the body to adjust - before trying a different type if necessary.

There are definitely women on Femoston 2/10. If you go to the home page of the forum and try to search again the posts should come up.

Oh by the way also have you had bloods done to check thyroid function etc - because this can also cause weight gain (and fatigue)?

Good luck :)

Hurdity x

Lifeofa50yearold

Re: Femoston2/10
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 04:27:52 PM »

Hi hurdity
Thankyou so much for your help.im not looking forward to a period .think ill go to the doctors and get some meds to stop the bleeding. Ive got a feeling i should have given elleste a little more of a chance. Ill talk to the doctor about this ..
Thankyou for your kind words.
Im cutting down on sugar .