Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Normal or not?  (Read 1185 times)

Helen Lilley

Normal or not?
« on: March 25, 2017, 08:14:59 AM »

Hello.  I've not posted on here for a while, but this month's period has thrown a couple of curve balls, so I just wanted to check that it's all fairly normal.

Basically, I'm perimenopausal, still having regular periods. This month, the 1st couple of days were very light, the following couple were very heavy, and then it went back to very light.  I've woken up today to very heavy flow again.  Do I need to speak to my GP next week, or is this within the normal range?  My ferritin levels went quite low last summer after 3 periods in the space of 14/15 weeks. I've managed to build them up a bit, but obviously am concerned with this latest change.

Thanks for reading

Sarai

Re: Normal or not?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 08:44:21 AM »

I think that sounds normal to me. I kept in mind the words I read that in peri the periods can be longer, shorter, lighter or heavier so basically everything is normal.
If you carried on getting very heavy it would be worth a mention to see if ferritin was still ok, and obviously continuous heavy would need looking at as it may be due to fibroids.
I found each time I thought oh dear is this normal it changed again.

Helen Lilley

Re: Normal or not?
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 09:12:40 AM »

Thanks.  I'll keep an eye on things for the next couple of months and see.  I've got another blood test in July?