Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Scared of being taken off hrt or put back on cyclical hrt  (Read 2023 times)

Dandelion

Scared of being taken off hrt or put back on cyclical hrt
« on: March 24, 2017, 07:10:05 PM »

I got addicted to valium last year and I am soon to be put on a legitimate prescription of valium starting at 60mgs.
I was on cyclical hrt, and in september last year, I started getting abnormal bleeding.
I noticed that on the days I was not taking progesterone, my valium withdrawal symptoms got a lot worse and my mental state deteriorated badly.
Without telling my doctor, i went from 200mg progesterone for 12 days a month to 100mg a day everyday and my mental state improved. I was taking 100mcg oestrogen at the time, but 2 weeks ago, I reduced it to 75mcg.
Also, I used to smoke cannabis and I read that as it inhibits a liver enzyme called CYP3A4 which oestogen is metabolised by, the cannabis has increased the oestrogen in my body, and I am worried that I may have cancer of the uterus and as I have left it 6 months, I could be really ill.
I have already cancelled three ultrasounds because I was scared that my doctor would take me off hrt altogether.
I told him I was not having unscheduled bleeding and that I got my dates wrong, but I have been getting it randomly for the last six months.
I am scared stiff of being taken off hrt totally.
I also heard that hysteroscopies can be really painful.
I am really scared, please help.

Annie0710

Re: Scared of being taken off hrt or put back on cyclical hrt
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 07:39:59 PM »

I think it's wise to be honest about your bleeding and stress your worries about being taken off hrt

My friend went for a hysteroscopy and it hurt her too much so they are doing it under a quick General x

nearly50

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 08:04:41 PM »

I think you should speak to your doctor about your anxieties and try to attend the ultrasound. If you can try to take things one step at a time, it will hopefully be more manageable. You may well 'just' have fibroids and the doctor might just want to wait and see if they shrink naturally. Try not to worry  and if you can tell your doctor the full story with background, I'm sure they will be able to reassure you.

Dandelion

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 09:33:16 PM »

I think it's wise to be honest about your bleeding and stress your worries about being taken off hrt

My friend went for a hysteroscopy and it hurt her too much so they are doing it under a quick General x
That sounds really scary.

Dandelion

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 09:34:45 PM »

I think you should speak to your doctor about your anxieties and try to attend the ultrasound. If you can try to take things one step at a time, it will hopefully be more manageable. You may well 'just' have fibroids and the doctor might just want to wait and see if they shrink naturally. Try not to worry  and if you can tell your doctor the full story with background, I'm sure they will be able to reassure you.
The doctor already said he would take me off my current hrt which will disrupt my valium taper. I am really scared, especially as I have no one to take me to the hospital for a hysteroscopy, especially if I need a general, I have no way of getting home afterwards, really worried.

nearly50

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 06:47:29 AM »

Go for an ultrasound first, you don't know they would want to do a hysteroscopy.  You can take it one step at a time from there and everyone here will help and support you.