Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Worried/exhausted/aching/pain/aaaggghhh  (Read 1895 times)

Valerie47

Worried/exhausted/aching/pain/aaaggghhh
« on: March 22, 2017, 08:48:22 PM »

This is my first post so hi to all you lovely ladies and thanks for listening to me moan x I'm just worried as I feel horrendous I had a blood test around 5 years ago which showed high fsh levels so I was told by my doctor it was early menopause I was 42 but I've had regular periods till a year ago so I thought it was more peri menopause x anyway I am now completely knackered I have little or no energy I ache all over all the time I feel anxious all the time(I've had depression and anxiety since I was little) this is overwhelming I want to cry all the time I feel like a different person I suppose I just want someone to tell me it's normal x I've had a load of bloods done recently and all was fine x thanks for listening I've not spoken about it before and been suffering alone x not even told my counsellor ( I'm having intense counselling for severe anxiety) x have a lovely evening xxx

Valerie47

Re: Worried/exhausted/aching/pain/aaaggghhh
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 10:03:16 PM »

Hi thanks for your lovely reply I had vitamin d blood test a couple of years ago and it showed I was deficient been on them ever since prescription strength and they have helped but this is awful it aches just tying this all my joints hurt I'm in bed early again I'm that tired x I had lots of general bloods done they took four vials everything normal liver etc in on omeprozole for hiatus hernia x it's just worrying x thanks again I know I'm not alone x

VanessaM

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 10:56:05 PM »

You are certainly not alone!  So much seems to happen to us at this time that we don't really understand. And its all non-specific yet really upsetting.  I cant offer any advice but I can say I know what you are going through. Take care and hope you find some relief soon.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 11:18:23 PM »

Join the Club!  As oestrogen levels drop so the body may become dry: deep in the ears, nostrils, vagina, skin and the muscles may become lax = aches and pains!  Anxiety seems to be a huge problem for many ladies as hormonal upheaval takes over  >:(, some find HRT helps others need anti-depressant medication or anti-anxiety tablets in order to ease symptoms.  It can be Trial and Error.

Browse round.  Join in !

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 11:47:54 AM »

Hi valerie47 :welcomemm:
You'll get plenty of support here. All sounds pretty normal menopausal symptoms- just hits some women harder than others.As CLKD says, there are things to help but it may take time to find the right combination and sometimes you can feel worse before you feel better. May be worth considering HRT as you're already receiving counselling for your anxiety. You and your doc can then consider ADs if the HRT doesn't fully alleviate your symptoms. I know some women benefit hugely from them but they didn't work for me and really shouldn't be offered as the first line of defence. Let us know how you get on x

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 04:57:06 PM »

Thanks ladies your all so kind to reply and it's nice to know I'm not alone x I'm 47 quite active ( I have two dogs 10 year old border collie and 6 month old springer spaniel) I'm not massively overweight but I'm definitely not skinny I just seem to have put weight on around my middle and I can't shift it x I work at home as my anxiety got so bad I had a breakdown at work I worked as a teaching assistant and the pressure got to much it also coincided with my youngest daughter leaving home to go to university in London (been a tense day after yesterday's events I couldn't get hold of her but thankfully she's ok) anyway I try to eat well but my hiatus hernia causes problems with my digestion x I think because the symptoms are so real you just can't believe you haven't got a serious illness but I've had blood tests and a recent abdominal scan all fine x just wish there was a magical pill x hope you all have a lovely day 💖

Hi Valerie47

:welcomemm:

I think you meant to reply on your own thread here not loonytunes one so I've copied your last post over here!

Sorry to hear you are suffering. How irregular are your period eg what is the cycle length - if they are consistently very variable and you are skipping periods completely then you may be well on in the menopause journey.

As for the magic pill - as has been mentioned - there is one - HRT!!!! If you are close to menopause then you are young to be without oestrogen so taking HRT wil help protect your bones and heart. There is also a contraceptive pill called QLAIRA which is a bit like HRT but suppresses your cycle (if mood swings, pms and anxiety are a problem), and only has 2 tablet free days - the oestrogen is not strong one like the usual CCP, it is estradiol the same as in HRT and that our own body makes.

If you have had depression and anxiety since you were little - do you know if this is hormonally induced  ie related to your cycle and have you had treatment for it? As you have found out thought the hormonal mood swings and the crying are something else! I have never suffered from depression or anxiety (but always have been a worrier) but I cried buckets in the peri-menopause.

There is a good article about peri-menopause here: https://menopausematters.co.uk/magazine/pdf/Article%20-%20Perils%20of%20the%20Perimenopause.pdf

Do think about HRT - before ADs to try to stabilise your moods and hormones - and of course if you need to think about diet and lifestyle as you enter this next phase of your life!

Hope this helps :)

Hurdity x

Valerie47

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 08:23:17 PM »

Hi hurdity
What a dope I am I'm not very good at technology thanks so much  x my periods can be every couple of weeks or I don't have them for For months
My anxiety has been really bad the last couple of years but I've had it since I was younger and I've had severe depression it's childhood related so don't think it was hormonal x I'm a bit apprehensive about hrt x I'm still not sure about the link with breast cancer as my mum died of breast cancer but I think that's been dismissed x thanks for your reply xxx