Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Mirena coil  (Read 1541 times)

Smokey

Mirena coil
« on: March 21, 2017, 03:15:56 PM »

Does anyone have a Mirena coil fitted and use oestrogel and still feel horrible every month even though it's not the original date I would have had my period?  I know longer bleed but still get bad dry eyes and sometimes period pains    I wonder if having continus progesterone in the coil could be the cause.

Opinions welcomed

Ann x

Noheroicsplease

Re: Mirena coil
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 08:25:32 AM »

Hi! Yes, I feel like this. I'm only three months in but I've had a week long bleed each month and symptoms as if it's a period, even though I know it's not. It's weird.

How are your boobs? Do they feel big/sore/heavy? That's started happening to me. Do you feel generally 'swollen'?

peri

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 09:25:07 AM »

Hi there, I'm very swollen (see my recent update), for me it's the biggest problem.  I'm really hoping it sorts itself out as I'm not happy that everything is feeling tight, it's definitely water retention (not weight gain) you can see where my skin is puffy :(

Noheroicsplease

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 10:08:45 AM »

Ah, yes, just found your post.

I feel bloated. And flat. Some days quite miserable. I hope it passes. I know I should also give it 6 months.

Jinja

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 10:49:40 AM »

Hi I'm on my 11 month with the mirena, i still randomly bleed  and spot  i also have lots of cramping. I did have very sore boobs in the first few months but that seems to have settled. I also have very flat days and terrible moods. I am wondering whether to continue with it but although i still bleed it's alot better than the heavy periods i was having.