Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: New to all this  (Read 993 times)

Bane

New to all this
« on: March 21, 2017, 01:41:48 PM »

Hello girls…

Hope my first post is in the right area. I think, I am going through the menopause.  I'm almost 46, have had erratic periods for a couple of years and started with occasional night sweats. I've just started getting hot flushes. Today have had just the one flush, after which have slept well and feeling calm.  :-\

I would value your input Thanks and Love for all

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New to all this
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 03:33:29 PM »

:welcomemm:  browse round. Make notes!  Some ladies find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful. 

HRT can protect bones and heart.  We have threads on exercise, HRT, hobbies .......

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 06:28:13 PM »

Hi Bane

:welcomemm:

How often are your periods now? Although some women wait until nearer to menopause to start HRT, others start at the point that you are. If you are heading for an earlier menopause than the average age then it is good to take HRT as CLKD says to protect bones and heart - and of course you will also gain symptom relief.

There is so much information on the main website which is brilliant :). HRT is listed under TREATMENTS/HRT preparations above.  Also now is a good time to look at your general health and lifestyle - weight, diet, exercise, stress, alcohol, smoking, fresh air - and make any changes if necessary and if you can. This will help you cope with menopause, and maintain better health in the coming years - as well as hopefully giving you more energy :)

Let us know if we can help in any way!

Hurdity x

Bane

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 03:05:50 PM »

Thanks for the support CLKD & Hurdity....its been around a year one heavy period along with disturbed cycle