Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Any success stories where HRT has improved low mood / depression please??  (Read 3756 times)

Katie54321

Would love to hear of success stories for ladies who have had low mood / depression or anxiety and HRT has been a success.

Really in need of hearing some positive stories today I am on week 5 of taking Estrogel and testosterone and my mood improved at around the 3 week mark, I had two good weeks but low mood returned yesterday

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

How is your cycle?  Were you low mood prior to periods during your regular menstruating years? HORMONES  >:(

Katie54321

Hi, no my mood just dropped low 8 months ago, severe depression. I am in peri menopause, irregular cycle, sometimes no period at all sort of skipping months

CLKD

Maybe talk to your GP about whether a hike in dose is required - it could be that your hormones are interrupting the HRT.

Maybe a course of anti-depressant medication to help lift mood?  Either/or.  Some find that they require HRT and ADs to even out mood.

Katie54321

Thankyou, am already taking an AD, maybe a switch is required. Or maybe the HRT just hasn't fully kicked in yet? I'm only 5.5 weeks in

CLKD

It could be that the HRT is taking it's time, after all the body rarely gets where it is, i.e. to the point NRT is required quickly, so it stands to reason that HRT may take a while and require some adjustment B4 you will notice benefit.  Is your GP supportive, do you feel you can talk about the ins and outs of your current doseage?

Don't switch your AD if you can tolerate it, as you won't know what is/not helping ;-).

ellie66

I use Oestrogel I would say 3 months to feel fully well. Can I suggest a loading dose of Vit D for 3 months then a maintenance dose. This made an enormous difference to me.

Katie54321

Thankyou all. I have been found to have vitamin D deficiency so am currently taking a big dose and will ease off in a couple of months when we get some sunshine hopefully. Does it take a long time for vitamin d to build up too?

Katie54321

Big thankyou for that reply rockhopper that has given me a lot of hope