Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: A few questions about vaginal moisturisers.  (Read 11309 times)

jessieblue

A few questions about vaginal moisturisers.
« on: March 16, 2017, 12:12:43 PM »

Hi Ladies,  I have some YES VM that I ordered to try and help with my thrush/irritation/VA or whatever it is I have going on down there.  I also tried multigyn actigel but it stung a bit when I was a little sore.  During the last episode of what I assume was thrush which seemed to come on after a few days of using ovestin cream, I treated eventually with flucinazole tablet and the symptoms resolved.  I haveny used the ovestin since as afraid I get thrush again.  I have taken 3 flucinazole tablets in 4 months and a bit worried I am taking them too often.  Havent had thrush for years before this. So I am trying the YES VM and it seems ok and to bring relief.  The trouble is it is just a tube with no applicator so I am not sure if I am to just smear it around the outside bits, rather than internally.  The leaflet gives instructions for the little applicators but I dont have these just a tube of gel.  I need to go back and see the doctor about HRT or vagifem to try instead of the ovestin but have been putting it off as was reasonably comfy down there for a couple of weeks.  Last 2 days a feel a little sore again.  Not too much but a tiny scratchy feeling.  When I looked there are three tiny little spot like things on the labia one side so maybe this is causing it|?  Its not too red or swollen, I hope not another thrush bout coming!  Should I use the YES daily or every few days at first? TIA

Tinkerbell

Re: A few questions about vaginal moisturisers.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 12:43:27 PM »

Sorry I can't comment on the Yes stuff but wanted to say it is not a good idea to use the oral thrush tablets too often, as they can effect the liver.
I suspect you do have VA starting, as when I first got it I kept being fobbed off by older female doctor telling me it was thrush!
I would go and get some Vagifem started asap.

ancient runner

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 01:01:53 PM »

If you're getting thrush more it may be because your vaginal pH has changed as a result of dropping oestrogen levels. As Tinkerbell says, you might want to take this as an early warning of VA and get vagifem from your GP. The point of the (stingy) multi gyn is also to get your vaginal pH to the right level which stops thrush, BV, etc taking a hold. I think it might sting anyway, but it certainly feels worse if your skin is damaged through lack of oestrogen.
Gosh that feels like a lecture - it isn't meant to, sorry! If there is one thing I didn't want to become expert in it's this.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 01:29:46 PM »

jessieblue, mine started in about Nov, feeling sore etc, I'd never had a problem before. These lovely ladies (ancient runner - you never lecture!) offered lots of advice and I went to the docs and was prescribed Vagifem. It's done the job internally though I have to use it every other day. I continued to have ups and downs with all being sore around the outside of the vaginal entrance and tried a number of different moisturisers and specific washes to try to alleviate the problem.

I've found I'm reactive to all I've tried and after the latest blip a few weeks ago I cut everything out apart from the Vagifem. I am now completely comfortable with no external irritation. Whilst I really didn't like the idea of not using any sort of soap or wash, I now turn the shower head onto a soft spray and use that just washing externally with my fingers.

The Yes VM comes in two formats, tube or individual applications. For internal use if you have the tube you'd probably just apply internally with your fingers. It'll all move around once you start moving anyway. I didn't buy the filled applicators in case I reacted to it.  :o

ancient runner

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 01:51:24 PM »

Aw thank you Elizabethrose!
Good point about washing too - no soap on anything pink!  ;D

Maryjane

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 02:15:56 PM »

Most gyneas / vulva dermos recommend Dermol 500 for washing the nether regions re VA it is very good .

Big container lasts along time.

Annie0710

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 02:25:12 PM »

Hi ladies

I'm on vagifem but my exterior has started recently.  I love my Dove shower gel but I've stopped using it on there as I think it irritated me suddenly.  So far been washing with Yes vaginal wash - is that ok ? X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2017, 02:33:55 PM »

Annie - if it works for you then continue as necessary  ;).  I am lucky in that nothing except dryness affects my nethers, when necessary I apply KY Jelly to the outer lips.  VA treatment keeps it comfy otherwise.  It really is Trial and Error! Bugga ....... <goes away muttering>

Elizabethrose

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2017, 02:37:19 PM »

Good question Annie but the answer will probably be different for all of us! It's a minefield isn't it?

I reacted really badly  :o to the Yes WB and had a long conversation with a customer service assistant there. She advised that some women react to the sodium benzoate in the product and that they also use it in the vaginal wash. She therefore advised me not to try the wash. The preservative is not present in the vaginal moisturiser so I bought that.

I used it for a couple of weeks alongside the Lactacyd wash and all seemed more comfortable until the blip in Paris. I may try introducing the Yes VM again to see if it'll be ok but thought that given I'm so comfortable at the moment that I should leave it a few weeks.

I used a pure white vegetable soap for about 30 years with no problems, that irritates terribly now, Apparently there has been no change to the manufacturing ingredients, I spoke to the maker. Have you tried using nothing for a while? x

Maryjane

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2017, 03:22:19 PM »

The dermo said what we have used for years , we can for no reason become sensitive to it and its constant trial and error , but for me dermol 500 you can get it on prescription.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2017, 03:25:42 PM »

'simple' products can be useful too.  As we age our bodies alter  :(

Annie0710

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2017, 04:02:56 PM »

Good question Annie but the answer will probably be different for all of us! It's a minefield isn't it?

I reacted really badly  :o to the Yes WB and had a long conversation with a customer service assistant there. She advised that some women react to the sodium benzoate in the product and that they also use it in the vaginal wash. She therefore advised me not to try the wash. The preservative is not present in the vaginal moisturiser so I bought that.

I used it for a couple of weeks alongside the Lactacyd wash and all seemed more comfortable until the blip in Paris. I may try introducing the Yes VM again to see if it'll be ok but thought that given I'm so comfortable at the moment that I should leave it a few weeks.

I used a pure white vegetable soap for about 30 years with no problems, that irritates terribly now, Apparently there has been no change to the manufacturing ingredients, I spoke to the maker. Have you tried using nothing for a while? x

I'm still sore using Yes VW and YES VM plus my vagifem.  I'm wondering whether I need oestrogen cream outside along with my vagifem inside.  Sylk stopped working too x

ancient runner

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2017, 04:06:39 PM »

You might well need that Annie - I used to do that when I had my Estring which is a 50mcg a week dose (so roughly 5x vagifem). Or, have you reloaded recently? xx
Bloody fannies. Or not. You know what I mean...

Annie0710

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2017, 04:10:02 PM »

I'm telling you I had no idea what problems menopause creates, I'm sick of moaning about my doodah to other half lol

I'm going to have to ask doc to try me on some ovestin x

ancient runner

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2017, 04:11:18 PM »

Me too. GRRRRRRR.
Pages: [1] 2 3