Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Think I'm losing my mind  (Read 1574 times)

greenECLECtus28

Think I'm losing my mind
« on: March 15, 2017, 06:41:34 AM »

I have been up the whole night  :'( as per my previous post I had an appointment with my GP yesterday as have been having some issues which she thought might be related to the meno however on Friday there I woke up in the morning and could hardly put any weight on my leg I do have Spina Bifida and have been having issues recently with various aches and pains pulled muscles etc as I walk with quite a pronounced limp,and my knee turns right in doc so got an emergency appointment and the doc then advised she thought I had pulled some ligaments in my ankle/leg/knee as it seemed to be coming from my ankle it can be difficult for me to diagnose exactly where the pain is coming from there was no swelling or heat ankle slightly puffy but doc thought that was just because I can't move my ankle anyway it hasn't gotten any better since Friday and yesterday my doc had a look and advised she thought it was the same thing and might just take a while to settle anyway yesterday afternoon started to get a sharp pain in around where my knee is or just above it seems to be coming in spasms painkillers are making no difference and I've been up all night worried out of my mind I'm convinced there is something seriously wrong even though I've been advised there isn't but this pain is so bad I can't sleep I just don't know what to do I don't know whether my anxiety is making things worse one minute I feel a bit yucky the cold then warm and just so anxious it's just been one thing after another this pass week upset tummy then had a weird feeling at work last Sunday a rushing in my ear then when I woke up on the Monday afternoon had really dull hearing in my left ear as if it was full of cotton wool and voices sounded funny went to doc who gave me a spray for it never really said what it was but gradually hearing came back. I think the thing that worries me is that because I'm an anxious person they will just right these things off and put them down to another anxiety issue I feel as if I'm going out of my mind and don't want to upset my dad or my son any more as well. I just want to feel normal again and not be frightened all the time  :'( sorry

Elizabethrose

Re: Think I'm losing my mind
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 08:21:53 AM »

Good morning greenECLECtus28

I'm really sorry you're struggling like this. I've just responded on your original thread so have a read through the latest comments. CLKD has responded too, she has valuable experience of managing depression and anxiety and is offering very sensible advice.

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,35138.0.html

If you have pulled muscles or torn a ligament the pain can be overwhelming and having to adjust your movements to accommodate the injury will cause pain elsewhere too. With these sorts of injuries the limb sometimes needs to be elevated and completely rested, certainly not weight bearing. Did the doc advise this?

It sounds as if you have a lot going on which is causing you to feel overwhelmed and panicked. As I said on your other thread, write a list and take it with you back to the doc. Present your worries as calmly and precisely as you can, reading from your notes will help you to do this and also prevent you forgetting anything else that is worrying you.

The ADs may calm your current anxiety but do make sure that you discuss with your current GP your worries that this particular drug had previously upset you. They will have a record of the one you previously took that helped you.

I wish you well xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Think I'm losing my mind
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 09:17:17 PM »

Have responded to your other thread  ;)

How do you feel this evening?  Would physio. help?

:thankyou:  Elizabethrose