Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Can tablets react with each other?  (Read 1415 times)

Butterfly22

Can tablets react with each other?
« on: March 13, 2017, 08:28:35 AM »

Morning ladies,
I started the HRT Indivina two weeks ago but I'm also on venlafaxine antidepressants, now before I was on premique and I felt good for first time in years, now I feel very low and not myself at all, I'm getting anxious and had a panic attack on Friday, I have tried to research but can't find any info I was just wondering could the two tablets react with each other?
Thankyou xx

Elizabethrose

Re: Can tablets react with each other?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 09:59:22 AM »

Hi Lil22

I honestly don't know whether there could be a reaction between the tabs you've mentioned. If I were you I'd speak to your pharmacist, they are usually very switched on about this. My pharmacist is brilliant, has a detailed patient data base and has been known to pick up on stuff missed my our docs. They will pull you aside to discuss any issue they have concerns about and even make suggestions.

Butterfly22

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 10:04:53 AM »

Hi Elizabethrose
Thank you for your reply, good idea I'll see if I can get down town today as feel awful, xxx

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 10:53:20 AM »

Hi
I would have thought that it's unlikely that venlafaxine would interact with HRT. However to be on the safe side you could go on Drugs.com and input the 2 medications.

Just a thought, could it be a differing amount of either oestrogen or progesterone in the 2 HRT' that's causing this blip you are having.

I really wish they wouldn't discontinue a medication that's in use by many ladies.

Someone with more knowledge of the dosages will be along shortly but that's may guess.

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 11:01:55 AM »

Also just a thought, but could you be withdrawing from the older HRT? And there isn't enough of your new one in your system yet?

I took venlafaxine a while ago, it's a very effective medication.

Butterfly22

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 01:23:26 PM »

Hi Marchone71
I guess it could be not yet in my system ect but I feel so low. I was doing great on the venlafaxine and premique.
I really feel the venlafaxine work for me so happy with them but hate the way I'm feeling now. I'll go on the site you said and see what happens, I did pop to town and ask in boots but the pharmacist was not very clued up.
HRT drives me mad I can see my saying to hell with  it all the way I feel.
Thank you for your help though xxxx