Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Missed period  (Read 15445 times)

nearly50

Re: Missed period
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2017, 11:00:40 AM »

That's good, all sounds quite thorough. You'll find it all easier to put our of your mind once your bleed finally stops, I'm sure. Take care.

Claireylou

« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2017, 11:02:53 AM »

Thank you Nearly50. How're you doing xxx ?

nearly50

« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2017, 11:19:41 AM »

I'm fine thanks for asking, just feel quite dizzy which is always a bit of a worry as I've fainted twice in the last year. The thought of doing that in front of a bunch of teenagers is not good. Just really hoping I feel ok at the weekend when I'm away as I don't want to ruin it. Feel I've done that so many times over the past 4 or 5 years!

Claireylou

« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2017, 11:38:31 AM »

I'm sure that you'll be ok  :)

I've been taking floradix religiously so I'm hoping my iron and ferratin are ok, though I suspect that they're both going to be in my boots. I've never seen so much blood xxx

Claireylou

« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2017, 12:42:15 PM »

Thank you Sparkle. I'm terrified but sort of relieved that I'm on my way to being sorted xxx

Claireylou

« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2017, 12:50:23 PM »

Oh definitely. The unknown and the complete unpredictability of it all xxx

Claireylou

« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2017, 09:38:04 AM »

Hello ladies, thought I'd update.

My bleed finally stopped last Thursday. It just stopped, no tailing off. It was like someone turned off a tap. Anyhow I've got a gynae appointment tomorrow and I'm getting myself all worked up. Not sleeping, catastrophising etc, you know how it all goes  ???

I know my problem is so tiny compared to some on here and I know I'm going to sound daft but I could do with some hand holding xxx  :-\

Claireylou

« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2017, 12:51:54 PM »

Thank you Sparkle, you're so kind.

Yes the bleeding has stopped thank goodness. I was even tempted to cancel my appointment tomorrow but figure it's better to go for my peace of mind at least. Then if/when it happens again i will know it's just hormones causing it.

Appointment is at 12.30 so I'll post an update in case it's helping anyone else.

Thank you again Sparkle xxx

nearly50

« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2017, 06:06:21 PM »

Good luck tomorrow, hopefully it'll just be a case of telling you that anything is normal. Hope you get a long gap now, how are you feeling in yourself atm?

Claireylou

« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2017, 06:08:50 PM »

Thanks for your good wishes Nearly50.

I'm feeling fine. Much better since the bleeding stopped last week  :)

My hormones feel kinda flat too.

How are things with you now xxx ?

nearly50

« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2017, 08:50:26 PM »

TY for asking, I feel fine at the moment. Was away for the weekend so was very happy to feel ok, just have a burning feeling on face and neck, and numb fingers and toes. Can totally cope with that! Let us know how you get on tomorrow.

Claireylou

« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2017, 01:43:11 PM »

Nearly50 I'm so pleased that you're doing ok!

Well, I'm just back from my appointment. Lovely consultant. Took a very detailed history. She tested me for any prolapse, none visible. Then I had an internal, crickey I felt like a flipping Heffer   :o
Seriously though she was very very gentle and took lots of time. She said my ovaries felt completely normal. She could feel my few fibroids but said they still felt really small (phew). There was nothing untoward that she could feel, but I'm having a scan on Friday (belt and braces) just to be certain. I'll get the scan results there and then.

She said that everything she had felt gave her no cause for concern. It's a good chance it's my fibroids or a polyp may show up on the scan. Or it could just be hormones. If it's hormones she'll discuss with me all of my HRT options and has highly recommended the bioidenticals!!

It was so lovely just being listened to and treated with care.

I've got a blood test tomorrow, scan on Friday and a follow up with her next Thursday so not too long to wait for answers xxx

Claireylou

« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2017, 03:09:57 PM »

Thanks Sparkle :)

I've got a very easy evening planned. Nice hot bath, cosy pjs and a lovely coal fire  :)

I'm a wee bit sore and tender but really glad I did it. Gosh I was a mess this morning, trembling and churning tum. Just the scan to get through on Friday now xxx

Claireylou

« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2017, 04:16:36 PM »

:thankyou: xxx

Elliemay

« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2017, 04:20:39 PM »

Hi, i only missed about 3 periods over a year then stopped smoking and it threw me straight into meno! I was a joy to be around!  ;D looking back i had lots of symptoms of impending change but put them all down to stress. doh. One symptom i remember was the feeling of going downhill on a rollercoaster or something, like a rush. that was a new one on me & a bit scary at the time but i know what it is now. the other one was awful, i absolutely screamed down the phone at an insurance company customer service person. That is not in my nature. . Total overreaction. one of my friends witnessed this and never got in touch with me again after. :-( So yes, extreme moods but again i didnt realise what it was.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6