Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Rectocele anyone?  (Read 20917 times)

Ju Ju

Re: Rectocele anyone?
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2017, 11:00:25 AM »

I had a rectocele repair op 14 months ago. They wouldn't do the cycstocele at the same time, which was not as bad and I hope to prevent the need by doing pelvic floor exercises regularly. The surgeon made the decision to carry out a hysterectomy at the same time, for which I gave prior permission. If there is anything I can help with, ask here or pm.

Taz2

« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2017, 11:37:27 AM »

I've had a hysterectomy due to prolapse plus a cystocele repair.

Taz x

doolou

« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2017, 02:06:09 PM »

Thank you Juju and Taz2. They think I have a moderate rectocele,  which I definitely know I have,  a suspected moderate cycstocele,  but I'm not so sure about that,  possible adhesions and possible further endo which I am having sorted out on 6th April.  As my hysterectomy left me in this situation,  I am very nervous about this forthcoming op. Scared of ending up worse off than I am now.  Any tips,  information etc., would be greatly appreciated.  Is the recovery much the same as my hysterectomy?   How did they do yours?   They said that they are looking to start off laparascopically and take it from there.  I am hoping to have a clinic appointment before the operation.  Thanks in advance x

Ju Ju

« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2017, 03:07:57 PM »

Hi doolou,

I had mine done vaginally. I still have bowel evacuation problems, so repairing the back wall hasn't sorted the problem, but probably wasn't the cause of the problem in the first place. I healed well from the op, following instructions. Taz sent me information on what I should and shouldn't do in the weeks following the op, which were more detailed and clearer than the info given to me in the hospital. I was very nervous before my op, but that's natural. I only needed to stay in hospital one night. The requirement for discharge was to do 3 wees after the catheter was removed, which I managed to do with flying colours! I had a pre op appointment with a nurse a few days before my op. She was able to answer my questions.

dahliagirl

« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2017, 06:03:57 PM »

I had that 4 years ago, with the same result.  I did get my perineum back though  8)

I had similar info from the physio.  I was told to try soluble fibre, rather than the branny sort which goes like dry potting compost when you get slow transit.  Also, I was told to look at pelvic floor dysfunction and pelvic floor relaxation (sniff drop flop?  ??? ), in addition to the usual pelvic floor exercises.

doolou

« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2017, 08:50:49 PM »

Thank you so much to both of you for taking the time to reply,  it's much appreciated.  I have looked for detailed recovery information on line,  but all appears rather vague?  Much like my hysterectomy information! You wouldn't have a link available would you please Juju? I would one day like to get back to something like the woman I used to be 14 months ago, and be able to do more than a couple of hours gardening etc. without being in severe discomfort,  and also get back to the gym doing combat and body pump.  Thanks again x

Maryjane

« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2017, 07:37:02 AM »

Just don't have mesh under any circumstances.

Taz2

« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2017, 01:55:34 PM »

Is this info from Michelle Kenway any use https://www.pelvicexercises.com.au/exercises-for-women/

I'm not sure about returning to body pump to be honest but you will need to ask your consultant and also get some advice from your instructor. If you have suffered previous prolapses then there is a high chance that you will go on to have further ones - not all women do of course - but you really do have to be careful with lifting and certain postures.

Taz x  :-\

doolou

« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2017, 06:54:26 PM »

Hi Maryjane and Taz2, I've read about the mesh,  and really wouldn't want that,  am hoping to have a clinic appointment before my operation to find out what they are thinking of doing.  Thank you for the link,  that has reminded me of the do's and don'ts. I already have to modify yoga and pilates.  I haven't ever gone back to the classes I used to do, as I think I would get so frustrated and upset,  and end up doing more than I should. Sort of remind me of how much my life has had to change?  That sounds a bit dramatic doesn't it, but that sadly is how it feels.  I really appreciate you taking the time to respond and share your knowledge.  Thank you again x
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]