Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hello and some reassurance please!  (Read 1187 times)

Willsmam

Hello and some reassurance please!
« on: February 27, 2017, 09:48:46 AM »

Ive been prescribed Evorel Conti patches and merrily stuck the first to my upper arm. Next day I read the instruction HAD to be below waist. Do I need to worry or contact my Doctor or will 24 hours in wrong place do no harm? Ive searched internet but cannot find what happens IF patches placed on upper half of body hence nearer to boobs. Thanks

Dancinggirl

Re: Hello and some reassurance please!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 10:12:50 AM »

Hi and welcome to MM Willsmam
I'm sure it's not a problem this once - there may be some absorption issues but I certainly wouldn't worry about this.
It is a good idea to read the instructions so you know how to use things and what to expect.  Don't take too much notice of the warnings and side effects - these things can seem really alarming - if you read the leaflet that comes with anything, say Paracetamol, one would be really scared to take them.
Do expect some reactions in the first 2-3 months - hopefully meno symptoms will improve relatively quickly but it can take some time for the body to adjust and settle. Just look forward to feeling better within the next few weeks. Keep us posted. Dg x

Lanzalover

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 10:38:17 AM »

Hi and welcome to forum Willsman.

I agree with Dancinggirl I am sure 24 hours will not cause any problems and you will quickly feel the benefit of the patches. Do keep us updated on your progress. Good luck.

Lanzalover x

samweller161

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 04:43:03 PM »

Hey there and welcome

I think the patches are meant to go "below the heart" not literally of course but just under that level on your body - most folk stick to thigh or bum.  Remember it takes about 3 months to really tell whether they are working for you or not.

Good luck!

SP x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 05:47:43 PM »

It's probably due to the amount of fat which aids absorption? therefore on the belly/bum means a slower rate? also, many ladies don't want people to know that they are on medication - Mum was advised to put her pain relief patch on her upper arm  ::)

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 05:52:29 PM »

Hi there Willsmam  :welcomemm:. I agree with the others.

CLKD it's mostly because oestrogen should not be places where it can absorbed anywhere on or near breasts - hence the patch instruction to err on the side of caution. Sandrena gel is the same - below the waist on lower trunk. Pain relief is different!

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 07:28:30 PM »

:thankyou: