Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Finally got there then premique discontinued 😔  (Read 14667 times)

Hurdity

Re: Finally got there then premique discontinued 😔
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2017, 05:15:06 PM »

Hi again Lil22

If endometriosis is not a problem outside the uterus then as we have advised then a cyclical HRT might well be better for you and avoid having to take progestogen all the time - but you would get a withdrawal bleed. See what has been suggested - by several of us on here - and Dancinggirl made some detailed suggestions too on your other thread.

I would insist on having a scan if you haven't had one in view of having had menopause at such a young age in your 20's - you should surely have had a regular monitoring - although I don't know the protocols? I see from a quick look at the Clinical Guidance that a risk factor for fractures (and therefore a DEXA scan) is untreated premature menopause - and of course yours has been treated, but in view of the fact that it was so early I would have thought women such as yourself might be an exception? Are you able to pursue this?

Hurdity x

Butterfly22

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2017, 05:43:12 PM »

Thanks Hurdity
I've got a few things to ask the doctor I'll see what she says, I'll ask for thyroid checked to.
I was going to see a doctor at the clinic in Newcastle but moved to the county and my doctor things she can just help me.
Thank you for all the advice I feel I've a few options, is it the femoston that would give me a bleed? Xx

shoppingqueen

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2017, 09:45:49 PM »

Hi lil22
Was wondering how you are doing? I did a bit of research and spoke with GP who said I can get Premarin and provera 5mg if I don't settle- after a really first week on kliofem- it's the one in wheel- my second week been much better. Meno symptoms falling away and sleep been quite good! I decided to go the three months before switching. Like you, I was beside myself re premique going but am bit nervous about relying on Premarin as it's made by same company. They've discontinued prem pak etc and had supply probs with low dose premique so... anyway, my view is how will I know unless I try- it might suit me better in long run?? I was previously keen to try a more bioidentical estrogen so trying to embrace this- first week was awful felt myself slide back and was terrified I'd go back to horrendous symptoms I had at start but amazingly my body seems to be adjusting. Like you, I was surviving not living and the premique made life manageable but I was never feeling totally normal. I'd suffered from bone crushing tiredness and heavy leaden feeling in legs etc premique significantly reduced this but it never completely went. Here's the thing, with the kliofem it's gone this week- been peeing like a maniac and dry mouth but am sticking with it. How are you and where you up to
With choices?? Hope you had better week xx sq

Butterfly22

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2017, 07:53:36 PM »

Hi shoppingqueen
Yes I was a bit worried to take the other one as not getting settled again to be told stopped that to.Good to hear things are improving for you though, long may it last xx
I went to the doctors and she was waiting in corridor shaking her head saying don't believe it 😕 Think she was as gutted as me!
I was going in to get the gel but when she looked at notes she said it made my ME worse and didn't stop the night sweats. I was prepared to take four pumps but she said first to try Indivina.
It's the only one I've not tried.
It's only been a week so I'm guessing some side effects as feel wiped by afternoon and sweating a lot. I also feel bloated.
I'll give it till beginning of April to see how I'm going, I'd like to hear how you are doing to.
So keep me updated. Xxx
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 08:18:31 PM by Lil22 »

Butterfly22

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2017, 04:23:10 PM »

Sparklyweirdo this may help you xxxx

sparklyweirdo

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2017, 04:37:25 PM »

Sparklyweirdo this may help you xxxx

Thanks, it seems like you and me are having similar symptoms too. Looks like we will have to work out what is right for us, although you have other health issues so it may be slightly more complicated for you than it is for me but we will see. Cant wait to see my doctor in few weeks time!

Sparklyweirdo

Butterfly22

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2017, 04:51:56 PM »

Well it's good to go knowing what you would like to try, I really don't like this HRT just don't feel myself at all.
Can you go back sooner or is it a hospital app.?
Let me no how you get on and good luck.
Sometimes it's just comforting knowing your not alone xxxx

sparklyweirdo

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2017, 04:57:36 PM »

I cant go back sooner cos it is impossible to get appointments with her, the appt i have is the first available appointment with her! and she is my fave doctor who totally understand me and take her time to chat etc. We have a rapport thing going on haha.

I will let you know how i get on! I totally agree with you that it is nice to know that there is someone in similar position as me even though i wouldnt wish this on anyone haha. xx

Sparklyweirdo

Butterfly22

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2017, 08:23:51 AM »

Hey Sparklyweirdo
Yes I no what you mean, I have had the last 7 or so years trying to settle on tablets just as I get there it's all thrown in the air, I'm sick as a chip with it all xxxx

Ghostgirl

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2017, 12:23:43 PM »

Hi all, and particularly Lil22 for starting this thread  :)

I've just joined the forum so this is my first post, and normally I would begin with a new thread, introducing myself to you all, so apologies if I'm not following protocol in jumping into this one?   Had I not seen the subject matter of this thread as well as Hurdity's particular post referring to the Dumfries and Galloway "Manufacturing Problems" page I would certainly have started from scratch, however I seem to be in a similar position to you, Lil22, and judging by Hurdity's link, perhaps also living in the same area, I'm in Dumfries?

Basically I'm 52 and have been on Prempak C (0.625 1.5mg) for a good number of years, but when I went to get a repeat prescription this last time my GP told me it had been discontinued (I was in seeing him on an unrelated matter anyway).   He said to give him a week and he'd find me something else, so on my next appointment he handed me a prescription for Premique (0.3 1.5mg).   After a bit of research it would seem to me that this new prescription isn't really equivalent to my previous prescription, but as Hurdity showed in her link, at least in Dumries and Galloway anyway, the more seemingly equivalent Premique 0.625 1.5mg is also discontinued.   I'm concerned now that it may not be long before Pfizer also discontinues the Premique dose I've been newly prescribed.

Thing is, my old Prempak C barely controlled my day and night sweats so I'm wondering at the logic of putting me on a lower dose at all, but my GP didn't ask me about any of that before choosing this new prescription for me.   It all seems a bit haphazard to be honest, like he didn't put a lot of thought or effort into looking into what might actually work for me, nor did he discuss the matter with me prior to writing out the new prescription and leaving it for me at the GP's own attached pharmacy (Lochthorne Medical Centre).   My last pack of Prempak C is finished tho, and so I've had to start on the Premique, even though I'm a bit dubious that it's not really right and I may have to switch again.   Surely that would just be unnecessarily messing with my hormones?

Thanks in advance for any advice
Ghostgirl x
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 12:26:00 PM by Ghostgirl »

Butterfly22

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2017, 01:16:58 PM »

Hi Ghostgirl,
Nice to meet you 😊 I'm in North Yorkshire.
It seems very odd he has put you on lower dose, sounds like he has just put you in first thing that came up.
The closest I've been told is Premarin and provera but I'm the Same don't want to settle on this then this discountined.
This is turning into a nightmare for me I feel awful on my new HRT indvina.
Is there another doctor you can see as the one you seen dose not sound very helpful xxx

Ghostgirl

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2017, 02:42:08 PM »

Hiya Lil22, really nice to meet you too, and thanks for replying  :)

My mistake btw I just assumed Dumfries because of the link in a previous post.   Yes, as you say, it seems to me my GP has just gone and randomly plumped for the first thing he came across?!   ...Oh its HRT, it'll do... sort of thing.

My Prempak C did make a difference to my hot flushes, and day and night sweats, reducing, but not completely removing those symptoms, so I would have liked to have had a chance to discuss the best way forward with him before switching to something else.   And maybe even gotten some information as regards other options, which, having read through a few posts on this forum I realise are available, patches, gels etc?   My Doctor has never discussed any of that with me in the past though.   

The main problem was I only had about 4 pills left in my last packet of Prempac C when he hit me with the news that it was discontinued, and he asked me to leave it with him for a few days, so by the time I picked up my new prescription from the pharmacy it was time to start taking it right away!   I've made an appointment to see him on Friday, so I'll see what he has to say on why he's chosen Premique for me then.

Butterfly22

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2017, 03:31:49 PM »

Eeee I really feel for you he sounds as much use as a chocolate teapot.
Can you see another doctor? I've had a few who just don't understand (including women) I just can't believe he had literally said oh well here take that.
I think you need to read as much as possible and maybe go and tell him what you want, I find this best way for me, I do the research (drive everyone mad) on here, what will suit you best ect.
The gel is a good option for one of the most natural ways which is the route I may try again.
It did not stop my night sweats but may need to up my dose, I've got app thu so see what happens then.
I'm not to great on HRT like what's similar to others ect (even though been on everyone) but if you look at the list on here will give you some idea what you can get and the strengths ect.
Don't forget yr not on your own xxx

Ghostgirl

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2017, 05:07:48 PM »

Thanks sweetie, I'll certainly quiz him on his reasons for choosing this new prescription when I see him on Friday, I think he may be one of the ...shall we say "less educated"... GP's you mention though, so it may come to asking for a referral to the menopause clinic at the hospital.   I think we still have one of those as I seem to remember visiting it when I first went of HRT.

However you're absolutely right, it's good just to discuss things with others, and hear how they are getting on, much better than trying to work it out on your own!

Butterfly22

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2017, 05:46:33 PM »

I'd be lost without this site, I've already be n through this once I was on nuvelle HRT for ten years and that was discontinued so been trying for the last four years to find a one I'm ok with as also have ME.
A year and a half later discountined 😩😩😩😩
I was going to a menopause clinic but when I moved my doctor said oh I no enough about HRT. Clearly not as half the things I say she dose not no about.
When I'm there on Wednesday I'm going to ask again can I go to a clinic as should be having bone scans ect.
I really think you should ask to be referred as your doctor sounds like he can't be bothered, or go with what you want in mind and tell him xxxxo
Pages: 1 [2] 3