Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Finally got there then premique discontinued 😔  (Read 14663 times)

Butterfly22

Finally got there then premique discontinued 😔
« on: February 21, 2017, 09:17:27 AM »

Hello all,
A few ladies will remember me asking advice few years back.
Long story short I had endrometrosis luckily had my daughter at 25 but went straight into the menopause and got ME.

I was put on nouvelle for 10 years but was discontinued so spent another four yrs trying to find another that did not make me tired, bring me out in acne, made me feel dreadful. (With ME you get chemical sensitivity to make things harder)

After trying every HRT out there (almost) I seemed to settle on premique for last couple of years or less.
The last year been changing my antidepressants as have depression to and only last month said at the doctors we got there settled on HRT and antidepressants.

Then a call of the Doctor yesterday has left me devastated. I no that's a harsh word but last few years I've been existing not living and finally thought I could see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Premique is being discontinued and I feel back to square one. I'm so upset.
Don't have anyone two talk to about it and just want to cry.

Kathleen

Re: Finally got there then premique discontinued 😔
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 09:59:06 AM »

Hello lila22.

I'm so sorry that you've had this news. I am not one of the experts but there are many ladies here who can advise you about HRT so all is not lost. I just wanted to send hugs and wish you well.

Take care and keep posting.

K.

ancient runner

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 10:14:31 AM »

Another sympathetic non-expert here. Could you say what you've tried over the years as there are some really knowledgeable types on here who might be able to point you in the direction of options to get around the chemical problems?

bramble

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 11:46:24 AM »

All is not lost! You can get the progesterone in Premique separately (Provera) and you could try a patch or gel for the estrogen bit. Have a good look at the list of hrts available so you can discuss with your doc for your next prescription.
Good luck
Bramble

Butterfly22

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 01:55:19 PM »

Another sympathetic non-expert here. Could you say what you've tried over the years as there are some really knowledgeable types on here who might be able to point you in the direction of options to get around the chemical problems?

Hi thanks also good to no others are here xx

Butterfly22

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 02:00:11 PM »

All is not lost! You can get the progesterone in Premique separately (Provera) and you could try a patch or gel for the estrogen bit. Have a good look at the list of hrts available so you can discuss with your doc for your next prescription.
Good luck
Bramble

I may try the gel again, if not remember was on two pumps but did not stop the night sweats. Plus felt wiped.
I just hope I can find something quick may be a different now I'm on different antidepressants.
Thank you for replying xx

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 10:00:35 AM »

Hi there Lil22

I see you've just changed from lila22 and I do remember you under that name a few years ago and your story about early menopause and struggles to find the right HRT.

Sorry to hear you are feeling miserable.

I can't seem to find information that Premique has been discontinued on the medical websites so can't quite understand about this and why it is not available although the NHS list for Dumfries and Galloway says it has been. http://www.dgprescribingmatters.co.uk/documents/Manufacturing%20%2030th%20January%202017_1.pdf The manufacturer's info must be out of date  :-\  However as ancient runner says the constituents are available separately.

You can get different does of Premarin http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/treatafter.php and as bramble says you xan get the same progestogen as Provera which is MPA http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/to_progestogens.php . Therefore if you are happy on this combo - then you can still have it - as long as Premarin hasn't been discontinued as well? Your doc should have been able to find this information!

I know I have spoken to you at length before but have you thought of having a cycle? The continuous progestogen may well be part of the problem - it is a sedative and a depressive and especially the synthetic ones can have low grade side effects.

Hope this helps and that you sort it all out soon  :bighug:

Hurdity x

dazned

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 12:28:44 PM »

As Bramble and Hurdity have said both of the components of premique are available separately as premarin and provera so you can still be on what you have found works for you  ;)

Here's hoping that this will do the trick.

Butterfly22

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 04:31:08 PM »

As Bramble and Hurdity have said both of the components of premique are available separately as premarin and provera so you can still be on what you have found works for you  ;)

Here's hoping that this will do the trick.
s

Hi thank you for your reply, I've kept pages of notes from all the ones I've tried and looking on it they both gave me acne which is weird if the same tablet.
I'll ke p doing research as app at doctors not till next week,
Thank you xx

dazned

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 06:33:36 PM »

How long ago was it that you took them separately ?    If it was awhile ago maybe you had issues then but not now ( 're premique ) which seems to suit you,if you see what I mean. I've perhaps not put it very well  ;D

Butterfly22

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 08:41:55 PM »

Probably three years ago I'd say, on premique I still sweat at night but not bad and my skin gets very dry (I'm normally really oily) so I'm thinking do I say right maybe I need to try a different one and embrace the change 😳 I'm trying to be positive 😂 Xxx

Hurdity

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2017, 02:41:59 PM »

Hi again Lil22 - since I started replying on this thread I thought I would stick to it rather than the other one. Yes you could try a different one if you still sweat on Premique - but also depends what dose you were on? Premarin comes in three strengths although the high dose I understand is quite strong. You should be able to find a dose of HRT that eliminates your sweats.

I've just realised that you mentioned endometriosis in your first post here so it may well be that cyclical HRT ( ie one that gives a bleed) may not be suitable - depending on whether you had adhesions (deposits?) and where they were? If they were outside the womb then you have to take continuous combined HRT in order to stop them growing - this is what it says on this website about endometriosis. However I presume your consultant would have advised what was OK to take?

Endometriosis
There is a small risk of reactivation of endometriosis with HRT use and any recurrence of symptoms should be reported. If a hysterectomy has been performed for endometriosis, the choice of HRT use thereafter should be influenced by the extent of endometriosis at the time of the operation. Since hysterectomy often causes a premature menopause, it is often advised to take HRT until the average age of the menopause; 51 years. HRT after hysterectomy usually consists of estrogen only. However, in the presence of endometriosis, estrogen may cause stimulation of residual deposits and consideration should be given to using continuous combined (estrogen plus daily progestogen) therapy, or tibolone, though little research has been done on the effect of different types and duration of therapy. Medical treatment of endometriosis often involves ovarian suppression which, along with ovarian removal, may increase the risk of osteoporosis.

Your ME may in fact be mainly due to insufficient hormones if it started when your menopause started?  I think I mentioned this a few years ago? Also I presume you have had thyroid tests etc? These do need to be repeated every few years too.

I do hope you manage to get a suitable treatment sorted that you can settle on for the next few years.

Hurdity x

Butterfly22

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2017, 07:41:41 PM »

Hi again Lil22 - since I started replying on this thread I thought I would stick to it rather than the other one. Yes you could try a different one if you still sweat on Premique - but also depends what dose you were on? Premarin comes in three strengths although the high dose I understand is quite strong. You should be able to find a dose of HRT that eliminates your sweats.

I've just realised that you mentioned endometriosis in your first post here so it may well be that cyclical HRT ( ie one that gives a bleed) may not be suitable - depending on whether you had adhesions (deposits?) and where they were? If they were outside the womb then you have to take continuous combined HRT in order to stop them growing - this is what it says on this website about endometriosis. However I presume your consultant would have advised what was OK to take?

Endometriosis
There is a small risk of reactivation of endometriosis with HRT use and any recurrence of symptoms should be reported. If a hysterectomy has been performed for endometriosis, the choice of HRT use thereafter should be influenced by the extent of endometriosis at the time of the operation. Since hysterectomy often causes a premature menopause, it is often advised to take HRT until the average age of the menopause; 51 years. HRT after hysterectomy usually consists of estrogen only. However, in the presence of endometriosis, estrogen may cause stimulation of residual deposits and consideration should be given to using continuous combined (estrogen plus daily progestogen) therapy, or tibolone, though little research has been done on the effect of different types and duration of therapy. Medical treatment of endometriosis often involves ovarian suppression which, along with ovarian removal, may increase the risk of osteoporosis.

Your ME may in fact be mainly due to insufficient hormones if it started when your menopause started?  I think I mentioned this a few years ago? Also I presume you have had thyroid tests etc? These do need to be repeated every few years too.

I do hope you manage to get a suitable treatment sorted that you can settle on for the next few years.

Hurdity x

Hi Hurdity
Sorry for all the confusion think I have confused it all.
Now my endrometrosis was before I had my daughter at 25 as soon as I had my daughter went into the menopause and ME. My doctor never mentions my endrometrosis when I had the laporscopy I think it was outside I can't remember.
I was under the hospital but moved to the country five yrs ago and my doctor said no need to refere me somewhere she also said no need for bones measured now to.
I really do get all the info off her ect as I really don't think she has a clue.
Sorry about the confusion to xx

shoppingqueen

Re: Finally got there then premique discontinued
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2017, 12:08:52 AM »

Hi
Same here! Devastated re Premique going- am trying kliofem (one week in and not doing great, but am guessing I'm adjusting) then if I don't settle, will go for Premarin and provera- I checked with Pfizer- they said Premarin continuing! However, my chemist said Premarin on ration supply do not sure what's going on there.  Low dose premique available, but that doesn't help us! Can see this is going to be a journey! Be good to see what works for you!
SQ xx
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 10:21:46 PM by shoppingqueen »

Butterfly22

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2017, 09:29:08 AM »

Hi
I no, I've been through this once as I was on nuvelle for ten years and that was stopped so spent three years on every HRT possible and finally settled on premique.
Is the one your on in the blue wheel?

Yes my other concern was what if the others which are the same stopped, I also have on my notes they brought me out in acne which is strange of the same.

I'm thinking of the gel again, I'm on a different antidepressant this time so I'm hoping may work differnt.

Will be good if we keep in touch, I hope you can get settled on it.
And yes the low dose no good for me either xxxx
Pages: [1] 2 3