Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Is 2 pumps of oestriogel relatively low  (Read 1910 times)

Michelle46

Is 2 pumps of oestriogel relatively low
« on: February 14, 2017, 11:24:24 PM »

Hi ladies
I'm using 2 pumps of oestriogel nightly and 12 days of the month I'm taking utrogestan. Is 2 pumps quite low? I've read that it is quite low and some ladies need 4. I'm just interested really. Thankyou x

matildamouse

Re: Is 2 pumps of oestriogel relatively low
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 02:24:59 AM »

Michelle, as far as I know it is a medium dose but the experts on here will be able to help you better.

Liz

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 07:40:54 AM »

I've just gone up to 2 pumps of gel (was using 1.5). Have been on this regime for a couple of years now.  Increasing to 2 pumps is a last-ditch attempt to see if it helps before trying to come off again.  I've never found a HRT that has the effect that many women get, unfortunately, so trying 2 pumps to see if my 1.5 pump dose was too low to have any effect.

Cassie

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 08:10:02 AM »

I was on one and a half for almost 10yrs have gone down to 1 pump now and no symptoms its brilliant that gel.

Salad

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 08:14:23 AM »

Hi  :)
I was started on two pumps then increased to three then four to get all my symptoms under control. The gel worked well for a quite a while then I had adsorption problems and was changed to patches. So I would say two pumps was low-medium  :D

Michelle46

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 09:34:28 AM »

Thankyou ladies. I'm 47 and am perimenopause. I started hrt 11 months ago. My periods were anywhere between 22 to 30 days with a very light bleed. I'm wondering now at 11 months on if it would have stopped. Obviously the utrogestan is causing the bleed. Saying that this month I've had no bleed even with taking the 12 days utrogestan. It's not consistent. I did reduce my gel to 1and a half pumps 2 nights ago but my heart has been racing during the night. I think I'll go back to 2. I suppose I'll have to go off HRT to see if my periods have stopped?

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 02:52:55 PM »

You don't need to stop HRT though - as Stellajane says - many of us started HRT while we were still peri-menopausal and therefore never know. My last natural period was when I was 53.5 but started HRT 5 months later. It might have been my last period but on the other hand I might have had another one or two. It isn't really important is it?

At your age you would not be advised to stop as you are less than the average age of natural menopause which is 51/52 - so why not wait until at least this age and if you want to have a go at stopping - to see how you feel - then try then.

I agree that all things being equal - on average 2 pumps is a medium dose but as Stellajane said - how much you absorb is personal to you and if you are feeling generally well for most of the time - then that's good!

Hurdity x

cubagirl

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 06:18:11 PM »

2 pumps is fairly standard dose I think.  Tweaked up/down for those who need more or less.  I had to change to patches though, as after a number of years I wasn't absorbing as well any more.

Michelle46

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 07:52:55 PM »

Thankyou Hurdity. That's what I'm going to do. Like you say why do it now.