Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: New to this need a little guidance  (Read 7401 times)

Hurdity

Re: New to this need a little guidance
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2017, 04:05:33 PM »

When I went to see a gynae about menopause and libido - she didn't mention anything about progesterone - but that the reason many women didn't feel good on oestrogen alone was that they needed testosterone because these are the two sex hormones that are in balance that make us feel good or not. She said that many women try (or are advised) in vain to keep increasing oestrogen but when they added a small amount of testosterone their symptoms improved dramatically. Presumably this could explain why many of you are feeling better on Tibolone.

The other thing about Tibolone (mentioned on this thread!) - I think I said elsewhere - is that although it is very weakly androgenic - in terms of its affinity to T receptors, because it lowers SHBG ( Sex Hormone Binding Globulin), it increases free testosterone - and this is the testosterone already in your body. It is always difficult trying to replicate the natural hormonal conditions in our bodies and adding one or two of them can only be an approximation - it's all we've got though!

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 2 [3]