Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Prolapse pain relief  (Read 11269 times)

cubagirl

Prolapse pain relief
« on: January 31, 2017, 04:38:22 PM »

Those of you who suffer from pain with a prolapse, what do you use for pain relief, other than ibuprofen, paracetamol and doing your pelvic floor exercises?  My pain increases throughout the day.  Been taking ibuprofen & or paracetamol, together with my trusty hot water bottle.  If I lie down it eventually eases, but can't & don't want to be doing that all the time.

Menomale

Re: Prolapse pain relief
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 04:48:55 PM »

I'm sorry I don't know anything about it... but was thinking if a warm bag would help when you're sitting? I read that sprinkling salt or sugar helps decrease the edema.

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 06:31:28 PM »

You know those heat sticky pads for bad back ? Would something like that be any good on your tummy ?

I had total prolapse up to my hysterectomy but as much as the dragging heavy feeling I remember I don't remember pain ?(apart from period time)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 07:03:17 PM »

I expect the pain increases due to gravity?  When you are sitting, elevate legs?

cubagirl

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 07:05:23 PM »

Yes it does increase when upright. Of course I could try walking on my hands.   ;D  I am keeping my feet up when I can.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 07:06:18 PM »

I could do that when I was about 6  ;D ....... is your bed elevated ?

cubagirl

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 07:31:41 PM »

Can't remember if I could do it, too long ago. ;D I'm fine when I'm lying down though.

It's like having period pains all over again, along with the drag which goes down to my knees sometimes.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 07:36:23 PM »

Awful.  There's a lot of nerves down there  :-X

I could do handstands against a wall but never dared to go over into a 'crab'  :D

Annie0710

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2017, 07:59:58 PM »

Poor you, I feel I was lucky after reading this.  I do remember when I had a period the pain would go down my thighs.  It's so long ago now I may have forgotten.  I hope you get some pain relief sorted x

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 08:24:00 PM »

I remember the dragging feeling down my thighs prior to a bleed ... what was *that* all about!

Annie0710

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2017, 08:51:23 PM »

I just assumed it was the extra weight of the uterus pressing on nerves that affected the thighs

Back in those days I didn't overthink anything

Elizabethrose

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2017, 10:11:09 PM »

Cubagirl, I have no idea what the pain is like but if you say it's like period pain could mefenamic acid help? It's an NSAID and is regularly prescribed for severe period pain: I used to take it as Ponstan, my daughter uses it for her periods now and it's the only thing that brings her relief. They gave it to me after my hysteroscopy, dilation and biopsy last year, worked a treat!

It's on prescription and I understand it's the best pain relief for pelvic/period pain. x

cubagirl

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2017, 10:26:31 PM »

Annie I didn't over think things back then either. Nowadays it's the opposite. However, it is what it is & I have to cope best way I can. GP wasn't keen to give me any pain relief in case it caused constipation, which would exacerbate it. Had my feet up most of the day, so pain is thankfully at bay just now. Weather was rubbish anyway, so was a stay at home day.

Annie0710

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2017, 11:27:10 PM »

I think back then I literally trusted everything health professionals told me plus there was no internet

As I've got older, I guess acquired more ailments and of course have webpages at my fingertips I do like to know what's going on with certain things.  I don't panic with these ailments but I do read about them.  My latest one is my ears, reading up possible treatments and success rates.  Also it's nice to read that the symptoms are normal for each diagnosis

I hope you can get relief for your discomfort.  My prolapse started when I was 23, and I carried 2 further pregnancies and at 32 I finally admitted defeat and had the womb and cervix out (cervix had to be manually pushed back after the last birth)

Menomale

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2017, 12:22:31 PM »

How are you doing, cubagirl?

Aw Annie, 23, 2 pregancies and a hyster at 32, you're a fighter! How's your ear?

Pages: [1] 2