Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hit the floor  (Read 8520 times)

2cats

Re: Hit the floor
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2017, 04:45:28 PM »

Sparkle, how did you get on at the drs yesterday?  Hope it was useful.  I'm just back from mine - waited for weeks to go and see her and not quite completely but pretty much bloody useless!!  Luckily she did agree to a scan but did not agree with trying Utrogestan vaginally, or to making me an appt in advance of my scan date even though it's a nightmare getting appts at our surgery due to lack of GPs. 
I told her how mentally unstable I've been with anxiety and floods of tears - description of me holding onto my husband for dear life and unable to go to work that day, valium needed - well absolutely no reaction whatsoever!  Just glossed over it with a comment about my hormones being disrupted.
I feel really cheesed off to say the least.  I felt no empathy from her at all.   >:(
Would be good to hear that yours was more positive Sparkle.  :)

2cats

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2017, 05:46:02 PM »

Hi Sparkle,  please don't feel guilty  ;D.  Regarding GP , I don't half take things to heart - I felt pissed off all evening tbh.  Just couldn't shake it off - not a great personality trait... it's just it was such a long build up and I've been so distraught at times and on the edge for quite a few days out of every week, to get no reaction or plan from her was confusing and disheartening. 
ON the plus side, the scan dept called me today and made an appt for Friday pm. 
Things are definitely all mixed up with me as came on again on Monday!  3rd or 4th period in a month!
Anyway - I am glad that yours was a much more positive experience.  :thankyou:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 05:53:01 PM by 2cats »

2cats

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2017, 06:39:12 PM »

Sparkle thank you - you've helped me feel less ridiculous!  I'm pretty hard on myself i think but i don't like feeling weak (there i go again).  I'll let you know how scan goes.... :great:

walking the dog

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2017, 10:39:20 PM »

Ah 2cats I really feel for you, I have been were you are but luckily I have a,fab GP who has been a tremendous support
Could you change surgeries? Or see another gp in same surgery ? Though I realise appointment not was to get
Would you be prepared to try utrogestean vaginally without letting go know you are ?
Sending you hugs xx

2cats

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2017, 06:37:14 PM »

Just to add insult to injury, the flu bug hit me last Thursday and so I have been pretty incapacitated since last Friday!  Did manage to get washed and to the hospital for my scan yesterday and they had a brand new machine to try out on me...the upshot was that the scannerlady was very happy with all that she saw ie no thickening of the lining, ovaries look like peri ones (shrivelling and inactive!) and no concerns!
What a relief.
 :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2017, 07:15:57 PM »

Some of these Winter bugs have really taken a hold  :o

Were you feeling well enough to appreciate what you were being told ?

:foryou:

2cats

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2017, 08:21:15 AM »

Thanks Sparkle and CLKD,
 :)
Feeling better than i was and yes I'm very pleased and relieved with scan result.  Will go back to GP next week regarding what to do next with my HRT.

Going back to work today and my little menobrain is making me worry about that now! Honestly it never ends does it! :o
Pages: 1 [2]