Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Estradot 50  (Read 2374 times)

carolann

Estradot 50
« on: January 03, 2017, 09:15:52 PM »

Hi ladies hope you had a great Xmas and happy new year we'll have at last been to my doctor today and after seven years of struggling got some hrt Estradot 50 patches and progesterone 100mg tablets would really appreciate some feedback from anyone that is on these still a bit  worried about starting hrt thanks from Carolann xx

Hurdity

Re: Estradot 50
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 10:46:54 PM »

Hi carolann - well done for going to the doctor and being prescribed this combo. I have been on Estradot 50 mcg for most of the time that I've been on HRT - although I started in late peri so my oestrogen levels had not dropped down so far. I also take utrogestan but I use it vaginally with 200 mcg for 12 days every 6-8 weeks.

Don't be afraid about starting it, but the only thing I would say is maybe to start with half a patch for a little while and build up slowly to let your body acclimatise to this sudden influx of oestrogen?! Ideally if you were just post menopause or nearly there it would be best to start on oestrogen only and then add in the progesterone - so that you can determine who the different hormones affect you. There is no reason why you should not thrive on the Estradot if you take it steady.

It would be good to hear from women who take 100 mg utrogestan on a continuous basis, as well, since I imagine you have been prescribed to take it this way?

Good luck and you have nothing to lose by trying it. If the worst came to the worst and it doesn't suit you then after a few months you can just stop it! You may get some spotting or light bleeding at first until your body gets used to both hormones again but again - this is nothing to worry about and is quite normal.

Good lick and let us know how you get on and how you feel!

Hurdity x

Edit - not sure about the "lick" - my eyesight is getting bad!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 08:20:35 PM by Hurdity »

carolann

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 08:33:13 AM »

Thank you so much for your reply will let you known how I get on xx

Rhiner

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 06:46:19 PM »

Hi CarolAnn,

Fully agree with Hurdities comments, sort out the level of oestrogen needed first before starting with the prog. I am on Estrodot 75mcg and it took 2 months to stabilise before starting with the Utrogestan. I take this continuously but only on an alternate day basis (100mg), which is not as prescribed. Hopefully someone who takes every day can give their experiences.

Good Luck, it has been great for me.
Rhiner