Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Gynaecologist appointment tomorrow  (Read 2787 times)

Autumn16

Gynaecologist appointment tomorrow
« on: December 28, 2016, 03:50:19 PM »

Hello All
Gynaecologist appointment tomorrow...
Quick update,  had four full days bleed two weeks ago the first since early May this year.
Libido through the roof😬 OH feeling exhausted as am I!!!
Immunologist has written to gynaecologist suggesting Tibolone, will this cause an increase in libido? Don't think I could deal with that.
My progesterone was 2 last blood tests with really high oestradiol is it possible I need progesterone to even things out.
I'm teary, shaky legs,adrenaline rushes feeling in stomach.
Any advice please.

Hurdity

Re: Gynaecologist appointment tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 04:11:37 PM »

Hi Autumn16

Was it you who posted about very high oestrogen levels and everyone puzzling over it - and my saying that it was likely due to ovulation (even though you hadn't had a period for a while) and maybe to expect a period ? If so - bingo!!!

This does mean that you are not yet post-menopause although whether that was your ovaries' last gasp is anybody's guess!

If this is the case then that would explain your low progesterone - as this is normal (for it to be low) during the first part of the menstrual cycle, and it starts to rise after ovulation. it is also low post-menopause. Unless your lining has thickened (due to anovulatory cycles when you have not bled) then you don't need progesterone.

The high oestrogen would also explain your libido - as this is what we would normally expect! Tibolone is normally prescribed post-menopause and yes it is partly designed to improve libido in post-menopausal women.

I can't remember why you've been referred to the gynae?

Sounds like you are a prime candidate for HRT but a sequential one - especially initially - in case your periods are due to restart. Does this appeal to you? Of course if they restart normally then you may not need anything - although extreme pms is normal at this point, so if you want to regulate your cycle then perhaps one of the contraceptive pills might be better ( depending on your age)? What symptoms are you hoping to control?

Hurdity x

Autumn16

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 06:00:12 PM »

Hi Hurdity
I did post before when the bleed happened that you must be the hormone guru😁 I think you might have been away(hope you had nice time)

Have had symptoms since July this year, completely floored. Fatigue, insomnia, some hot flushes at night, unexplained anxiety,aches pains, surging feeling to name but a few.
Immunologist said no oestrogen back then due to connection with urticaria
now after appointment on 16th December they said yes I can as had very high levels of oestradiol and no skin reaction.
so they were writing to gynaecologist
immunologist also said tibolone might be an alternative .

Autumn16

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 06:07:41 PM »

Sorry Hurdity I am 52 ,sterilised when I was 26.
Had weight loss as well in July
Used to be a curvy size 18 now 12/14 not used to being much thinner. OH liked my curves😬

Tempest

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 08:44:07 PM »

Good luck for tomorrow, Autumn! I hope you get some help and answers. Do pop in and let us know how you got on, won't you? xxxx

Autumn16

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 08:56:34 PM »

Thanks Tempest
Of course I will. Trying to be positive and hoping for positive outcome. The last 6 months have certainly been a challenge. Thanks for your support 😁

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 11:25:23 AM »

Yes I was working that day and then away! Ovulation seemed to be the most likely explanation for your high oestrogen levels - but I don't know how how high oestrogen levels reach during peri-menopause in the absence of ovulation.

Let us know how you get on at the gynaecologist :)

Hurdity x

Autumn16

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 10:09:56 PM »

Hello All
I had my appointment today with gynaecologist and what a positive experience it was. It was so nice to be listened to by someone who recognised every symptom I described and wants to investigate any that she has concerns about.
She is concerned about my soaring  oestrogen and high libido so fasting tonight for lots of blood tests in the morning.
After being examined I have a fibroid the size of a grapefruit 😬
Scan booked for next week.
Back to gynaecologist on 19th January.
I hugged her before I left she was so reassuring.xx😁

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2016, 10:14:51 PM »

Doesn't it make a difference to be listened to and apparently understood!  Pity the medical profession doesn't appreciate that if they did listen, treatment would be far easier for everyone  ::)

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2016, 11:02:57 PM »

So glad your appointment went well and that you have confidence in your gynae Autumn16.  A relative of mine had a fibroid that size and eventually had a hysterectomy but was completely fine afterwards. She was post-menopausal.

At least you are now in good hands and your gynae will be able to work with you to find out the best way to treat you so that you feel well again. Hopefully you can relax a little now until your next gynae appointment and that you are not too uncomfortable over the coming weeks until then.  Good luck with the scan and all.... :)

Hurdity x

Kathleen

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2016, 04:52:35 PM »

Hello Autumn16.

Thank you so much for reporting back and your gynecologist certainly sounds like a keeper!

In her early sixties my MIL was found to have a large ovarian cyst that weighed 9 pounds!

Wishing you well.

K.