Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: I've read tibilone and alcohol  (Read 3966 times)

Suzanne1967

I've read tibilone and alcohol
« on: December 26, 2016, 12:04:02 PM »

Hi

You'll know I post in here now and again

I ve read on here many women stating that just after one glass of wine they have had an adverse effect of feeling "drunk etc " I was pretty skeptical yet ...

Had two large glasses of champagne yesterday with lunch and .. bang I was like I'd drank 10 bottles ! My OH thinks I'd been on the secret sherry !

Woke up at 3am palpitations ++++ Hr was between 130-160 was awful ! And banging headache but feel fine this morning just heady and tired

So the question ..? Is this just me and a reaction as I really can't stand this feeling of OH thinking I'm lying and also the palpitations scared me ... one glass now by the looks of it ( not bothered though)

More annoying thing is OH thinking I'd been drinking much more than I had

« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 12:47:01 PM by Suzanne1967 »

Annie0710

Re: I've read tibilone and alcohol
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 12:23:37 PM »

Hi Suzanne

I've read on here recently that other members have felt like you're describing on wine. Some are like it on red but fine on white and vice Versa.  Interesting to know what's in Tibolone causing it

X

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 02:51:36 PM »

Menopause makes one more sensitive to everything - whether you are using HRT or not.  Many women have to give up alcohol or reduce drastically. DG x

Sooze

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 05:24:08 PM »

I had the same reaction as you when I had ½ bottle prosecco at a party in the 1st month.

Prosecco and white wine defiantly an issue in the first 2-3 months of being on it, red wine fine.  Now almost 4 months in reaction has settled somewhat, but I'm not a big drinker - would have maximum 2 large glasses or ½ bottle anyway.

I don't think this is an unusual reaction.

Dana

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 10:06:33 PM »

I don't know if meno/hrt has anything to do with this, but I rarely drink these days and when I do it's usually just a small white wine. However last night I decided to have a vodka and tonic which I haven't had for years and straight away I got a throbber of a headache. It may have been a coincidence, but I'm not doing that again. I can easily live without alcohol, so it's not something I'll miss.

Tempest

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2016, 11:48:54 PM »

I can't tolerate alcohol AT ALL since my BSO! Ditto any caffeine or strangely, dark chocolate. It's all rather boring, isn't it?!? >:(

Annie0710

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2016, 11:55:08 PM »

The first one at my daughters yesterday got me tipsy.  I then seem to manage to carry on, nothing like I could pre meno but sank a few throughout the day and evening

X

Blakeygray

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2016, 12:24:10 PM »

Yep. Soon after starting Tibolone, half a glass of prosecco and the room was spinning. No hangover in the morning though.

Suzanne1967

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2016, 12:34:21 PM »

Blakeygray ladies ...

Thanks for input as my OH didn't/doesn't believe that only couple glasses can make you so bloody drunk ! Feel like I've ruined Xmas day but mores the point am cross with myself as didn't realise it would make me like that 😰

7 weeks into tibilone and was I think starting to feel better

Anyway ... no more alcholol for me it clearly isn't going to work not even a glass not worth it and I'm tbh not fussed

But just feel so down today as OH still not speaking 😏

Annie0710

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2016, 12:47:02 PM »

Tell him to read this thread

Pre meno I could drink all evening and keep going.  Now like I say the first few sips go straight to my head

Funny story that son-in-law reminded me of on Xmas Day was at the beginning of peri we were invited to a garden party, I knew I couldn't handle Bacardi like I used to so mixed it really weak.  I almost got carried home later and when they looked at the bottle the level had barely gone down !

X