Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Can it happen that quick  (Read 2924 times)

Millykin

Can it happen that quick
« on: December 10, 2016, 12:48:46 PM »

I'm 46, been on hrt for 3 yrs now, mainly femiston 1/10 or 2/10. Had a brief period where I tried the gel combo but didn't work for me so back to Femoston 2/10 few months ago and started feeling good again. My problem is I had that nasty sick bug 10 days ago and a very severe headache where I had to hold my eye as it felt like it was going to pop!i do get them now and again so wasn't a dilemma for me,  I was seeing a gp that day and she had concerns that it maybe the HRT causing migraine so reduced my HRT to 1/10 and so here we are 10 days later and I feel anxious, couldn't sleep last night,  flushes all night just not right. can it been the reduction having effect that quick? I really want to go back to 2/10 and feel I might just do that tonight, any opinions from the wise ones?

Annie0710

Re: Can it happen that quick
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 12:54:06 PM »

From my experience yes it can be that quick. 

I had the sickness bug last weekend and I had terrible headaches with it that painkillers wouldn't help so there's every chance it was the bug not the hrt x

Millykin

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 12:58:22 PM »

Thanks Annie that was my thinking that it was the bug and now I feel she has upset my routine by lowering my dose, I just don't want to feel that anxious way again, not my usual GP so I may just go back up to 2/10

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 01:14:00 PM »

I'm not saying hrt can't do that and if you hadn't had the bug it would be highly likely that it was the hrt

That sickness bug was horrible.  Did you get the griping tummy cramps too? Even if I sipped a drink the upper stomach started cramping.  And bizarre shin bone zaps of pain !

X

Millykin

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 01:27:08 PM »

I usually miss all these wee bugs but that one got me good! I had griping cramps on the Monday and never came to much but by Wednesday I was floored, like you every sip of water was back up like a fountain, I was crying like a baby with the headache too then 24hrs later I was brand new,

Annie0710

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 02:07:49 PM »

Mine started 5am sat morning and I didn't feel right until Wednesday

Like you I usually miss these bugs but my daughter and grandchildren had it so really I was doomed

I revert back to a 5 year old when I have vomiting ! X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 02:47:29 PM »

:-X - my stomach is queasy now  :-[

Millykin

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 03:23:30 PM »

Hate it be sick feeling, hope it passes quick

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2016, 08:39:23 PM »

With all the vomiting it can also affect the absorption of the HRT as well so that could have compounded your problems - eg if you sicked it up (the tablet) then your body would also experience progesterone withdrawal symptoms, and your oestrogen levels could drop temporarily - so could make the headache worse? This wouldn't happen with transdermal HRT/. Nothing you can do about it but may not have been due to the dose you were on - but due to not keeping it down for long enough?

Hurdity x

Millykin

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 10:01:35 PM »

Good point Hurdity, just don't know wether to up my dose  or hang on and see with lower dose.