Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Freaked out  (Read 2569 times)

Kymmie

Freaked out
« on: November 25, 2016, 10:21:40 PM »

Hello everyone

I'm fairly new to HRT I started on elestte duet 1mg in October finished the green tablets and bleed started 2 days after. I'm now on my 3rd day of white tablets and bleed and I feel awful. 😓

Was just watching tv earlier and I suddenly went all hot and my heart started racing and felt dreadful shaking etc. It only lasted a minute or so but felt like hours and left me feeling wired and freaked out. Anyone else experience this ?

Many thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Freaked out
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 10:28:29 PM »

Sounds hormonal and can be a shock!  Is it progesterone phase of treatment?  Many ladies find this difficult to tolerate - someone with knowledge will be along soon.

I know when I had Tamoxifen, within 24 hours of the first tablet I felt like I had a bout of 'flu and it shook me to the core.  After 4 months of dreadful symptoms I stopped the drug. 

Do you keep a mood/symptom diary?

Kymmie

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 10:43:49 PM »

Hi
Thanks for replying.

I'm back on the white tablets now I always feel crap when on a bleed but that scared me a lot I'm a wuss lol

I did feel off when on the green tablets constant headache tired yeah a bit like I had flu. I keep a diary for everything at the minute trying to work out what's happening in due back to GP Monday so I ll mention it. Was just freaked out

Thanks

Dorothy

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 06:42:22 AM »

Sounds hormonal to me too - the joys of being female!  ::)

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 02:38:40 PM »

Hi Kymmie

The Elleste Duet contains the progestin norethisterone - which some women find quite strong. The feelings you experienced when changing back to the white tablets ( I presume these are the oestrogen only ones?) will be due to progestogen withdrawal - the reversal of the physiological changes that occur when taking it. This reversal can take a few days so will become apparent when you are on the oestrogen only tablets. It also can affect blood sugar - it certainly does with me - and sudden decrease in blood sugar causes me to get symptoms of sweating shaking and intense need for sugar - it's called reactive hypoglycaemia. Could this have been what happened? Also some women find that hot flushes become worse when taking the progestogen part so it could just be the normal cycling of hormones with this type of HRT is messing up your thermo-regulatory system and giving you the odd intense flush maybe?

Hopefully you will know what to expect next time and maybe it won't be so bad?

Hurdity x

Kymmie

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 06:13:20 PM »

Thank you.

I feel great on the white ones no sweats , sleep better etc but me no likey the green ones I felt ill. It scared the beejesus out of me. I did experience palpatations last October and was put on a beta blocker and not had them since till that happened I can cope with everything but that
Thanks for putting my mind at rest