Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Olive Oil for VA  (Read 1257 times)

margaret

Olive Oil for VA
« on: November 23, 2016, 07:27:07 PM »

Hi has anyone used olive oil for vaginal atrophy.

Dorothy

Re: Olive Oil for VA
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 09:53:41 PM »

Do you mean eating it or applying it as an ointment?  I've increased olive oil in my diet as I read it would be beneficial, but can't tell if it has any direct affect on the VA as I use Ovestin too.

Hurdity

Re: Olive Oil for VA
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 11:57:17 AM »

Hi margaret

If you have vaginal atrophy then the only thing that will help alleviate it long term is local oestrogen. I imagine olive oil may well be soothing although it surely will be a bit messy and stain your clothes?! Maybe add some to a bath and it will also moisturise your skin? I can see why you might want to use something totally natural to moisturise as everything else has fillers which some women may be sensitive to - but there have been posts on the different recommended types of moistruiser recently - so you could do a search - sorry I dont use them so can't help with anything specific. I do love olive oil though - in the spring and summer I rub it on my body before going out in the sun ( I don't use sunscreen in this country anyway) and it really makes my skin feel good :). However as I said - local oestrogen should be your first treatment for VA.

Hurdity x