Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: SWOLLEN TUMMY  (Read 6577 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: SWOLLEN TUMMY
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2016, 03:18:16 PM »

Motillium needs to be taken within an hour of your main meals in order to 'work' on the food already in the system.  It may be 3-5 days B4 you notice a difference.  Maybe take a tape measure measurement every morning and evening to check " gained/lost.

Yammy1

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2016, 08:15:35 PM »

Good Advice about the measuring, I got acidophilus capsules from chemist today, I am diabetic so the probiotic drinks have too much sugar,will give them and the Imodium a try for a couple of days, if no improvement I will go back to doc, once again I really appreciate the advice xxx

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2016, 08:23:23 PM »

? Imodium ?

Yammy1

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2016, 08:51:44 PM »

Lol, sorry I meant motilium

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2016, 04:59:18 PM »

How did you get on today, taking it B4 main meals?

The other product will bung up the bowel!

Yammy1

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2016, 08:39:08 PM »

I stopped taking the extra diabetic doc gave me a couple of weeks ago It's called forxigo, because my recent bout of stomach problems started the same time I started these, I was also feeling very lightheaded and peeing every hour or so, which is not me at all. when I looked up this tablet these were common side effects so I think they might have caused the flare up. Any way I 'll keep an eye on blood sugars and go back to doc in a few days, so I'm laying off the motillium and bloateze so I will know if it was diabetic tablet,the reviews on it were mostly bad, slight improvement today so fingers crossed will keep getting better x

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2016, 10:38:32 PM »

Ain't it Trial and Error  >:(  ::)

Do chart how you are so that you don't forget anything when you see your GP.

Yammy1

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2016, 11:31:58 PM »

Will definitely chart everything, this meno is just hell on earth. Its like every time I feel I'm finally managing a symptom another blooming one rears its ugly head.
I have suffered anxiety on and off for years but since my hysterectomy four years ago my panic attacks and general anxiety are a lot more frequent. Just tired of it all,but best foot forward, tomorrow is another day. Nite  all and once again from the bottom of my heart a huge thank you for all the advice and support x

orchid

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2016, 08:29:49 AM »

Hi I haven't been on here for sometime, but having read your post Yammy regarding tummy pain I felt I just had to write my experience.
Like you I had abdominal pain, had been going on for years and always put down to IBS. Every time I ate I would bloat and be in pain, I also suffered intermittent cholecystitis....gallbladder pain and was back and forward to dr. On top of this was ongoing health anxiety and depression. In June this year along with the pains I began feeling so tired so visited another GP and luckily she did a whole range of blood tests including FERRITIN!
Thank goodness she did! I was diagnosed with Haemochromotosis a genetic condition that I as a nurse had never heard of, or iron overload. It's where the body hasn't the ability to get rid of iron. I had the genetic test and learned that I have two faulty gene mutations one from each of my parents. My ferritin level, which should have been 50, was 950! I have since found out for all this is the most common genetic condition there is, but there are millions of undiagnosed people out there! So my point is ladies, don't be fobbed off by doctors when you feel there is something wrong, at the very least ask to have your ferritin checked and don't take iron supplements without first consulting a dr. I cringe when I think about taking multivitamins with iron for years. I'm 57 now and probably started loading at 52 when periods stopped. The treatment is ongoing I have to have a pint of blood taken every two weeks to get my iron level down. To date it is 480. I will do this until it gets to 50, then every three months for the rest of my life. If undiagnosed this condition eventually kills as iron loads in all the major organs, namely heart causing arrithymias, (I get palpatations)the liver causing cirrhosis and the pancreas causing diabetes. Luckily I was caught before any organ damage, although it could be the cause of the palpatations. Another major symptom of Haemochromotosis is extremely painful joints, again mine aren't too bad at the moment. As I say it is a rare condition and I don't want to frighten anybody, but felt I need to raise awareness of this awful condition.

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2016, 11:31:20 AM »

Oh  :thankyou:

Wonder what they do with your donated blood?

Yammy1

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2016, 11:53:16 AM »

Thank you orchid, I will speak to doc although because of my diabetes I get my bloods checked at least every three months and doc always checks full blood count as my iron is usually on the low side. I tried hrt earlier in the year but didn't feel any difference I.e still had hot flashes, mood swings, shocks and anxiety but I started back on Saturday with a slightly higher dose 50 mgs of Eatradot ( oestrogen only as I had hysterectomy) I am feeling very anxious and panicky but I will bear with it as I know my body needs time to adjust. It's mind boggling how hormones can effect you so much emotionally and physically. One thing for sure I am definitely coming back as a man in my next life lol

orchid

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2016, 04:57:21 PM »

Yammy, just to mention a full blood count haemoglobin test won't pick up raised ferritin. Ferritin itself has to be requested on the lab slip!
I was on hrt a few years ago, Oestrogel did wonders for hot flushes etc, but I'm through menopause now and get night sweats from the Haemochromotosis. Give it time, the hrt should help, although diabetes being an endocrine disorder is bound to cause a bit of imbalance with menopause, as does thyroid problems. Good luck, take care.

Yammy1

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2016, 06:28:32 PM »

:'(thank you orchid, I will definitely talk to doc about this
Pages: 1 [2]